Chsp 6/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chsp 6/23

I took my Father-in-law out for his first time fishing from a kayak. The water was pretty calm and the wind was nice for chsp. We hit the pilings for croaker but had no luck. Another kayak fisherman let us know he had better luck on the far side of the inner wall. He had croaker tearing up his 4" gulps. We paddled over past the light house and drifted north. Towards the end, my Father-in-law hooked into something decent and it pulled his rod tip into the water a few times. When he said it was a shark, I paddled over expecting to see a dogfish but this guy was a little toothier. Glad I brought the needle nose pliers. I think it was a sandbar shark at about 36". Regardless, kept it in the water and got the hook out. I'll attach some pics tomorrow.

Past the north end of the jetty we came across multiple schools of bunker. I was casting chunks into the mix with no results and I could see big silver sides just below the surface. Frustrating but fun. We paddled against the wind back to the pier and I managed to catch one good size croaker before calling it a day. Overall, a good day and I got my Father-in-law ready to fish some more soon.
    Last edited by babiak; 06-26-2014, 09:37 AM.
    Ride 135 Green
    Big Tuna Orange
    12ft Bote HD
    Outback Blue with Orange Deck

Thanks
    I might give Lewes a try on Friday.
    I am fishing somewhere Friday just not sure where yet.

Comment

100_2826.jpg
      100_2833.jpg
      Glad I had the fish grips
      Ride 135 Green
      Big Tuna Orange
      12ft Bote HD
      Outback Blue with Orange Deck

Comment

Cool photos of the shark.

Comment

I hope his dad is not there when you caught him.haha
          Last edited by MrT; 06-25-2014, 11:47 AM.

Comment

That's awesome.. I wonder if i hooked something like that what I would do :-)

Comment

Working...
            X