NJ Flounder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ Flounder

Took off from work Tuesday to take advantage of favorable winds and a traditionally hot flounder bite and it did not disappoint. Fished behind an inlet in 10-20 FOW with bucktails tipped with bunker strips or gulp and a gulp teaser. Beat fish up real well on the low and high slack tides when the current wasn't ripping and was able to pick fish during the running tide as well. Wouldn't have been able to do it without the hobie. Tide was running 3-4 knots and boats were flying past me with their drifts while I was able to slowly back troll and get bites. It was a great day out there and I had my limit in only a few hours. This fat 22 incher was the highlight

Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Nice fish!
    Shane
    Hobie Outback

Comment

Great looking flounder!
      Hobie Outback - Orange

Where Land Ends...Life Begins

Comment

That's a beast well done!

Comment

That's a beauty. I plan to go to VA beach sometimes this week for some flounder myself.

Comment

Nice

Thanks for the report and photo's

I am going to Avalon Friday hoping to find some nice flounder there too.

Comment

Went back again today and launched at 5:30 am. Gnats were thick until the pleasant light breeze picked up. I started picking fish on gulp and had three keepers to 20" real quick in the clear water. Then the south winds that were forecast for later today showed up a couple hours early and before I knew it there was white caps and I had to call it. Three flounder and a day off of work ain't bad. Gonna cook em up with some crabmeat stuffing for the girl tonight.

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Wow, you fishing in a swimming pool? That water is clear!

Comment

Haha yes they are the rare caribbean flounder. On an outgoing tide this spot gets crystal clear. With my costas on and a chartreuse gulp on my jig I can watch the flounder and searobins come up off the bottom in 10 feet of water. Its pretty awesome. Thought about sticking my gopro down there to get an underwater view like the john skinner vids but I don't totally trust that waterproof housing.

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                  X