Loch Raven 6/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loch Raven 6/14

Took my dad out yesterday for Father's Day. We rented a boat since he doesn't have a yak and I don't have a permit for mine. We were there 15 minutes before they opened and were at least 10 back in line to get a boat.

1st fish of the day was a nice 19.5" LMB in the first 30 minutes but the rest of the 8 hour day was slow with only 5 total coming on the boat. Ended up with another 16" and a 14" LMB, a pretty small pickerel, and a decent sized yellow perch.

Every fish hit a different lure... Chatterbait won the pot with the 19.5", also had hits on a scatter-rap, spinnerbait (something about a yellow perch hitting a 1/2oz spinnerbait half its size is always quite entertaining), 7" and 10" worm (both black with chartreuse tail). I had quite a few hits on the 7" once I finally switched over to it but missed all but the one. That worm saw its end of days yesterday for sure. We caught the fish in just as many areas too, some close to sure, some out deep.

It got windy from time to time depending on where we were and which direction the wind decided to shift to, but it was a beautiful day to be on the water. After all the rain we had I was really surprised with how clear the water was (aside from back in some of the coves), easily 3-4' of visibility. The wind probably hindered my visibility more than the water clarity.

I would have loved to see my dad catch more fish (1 to my 4), but all in all I think we were both happy just having a chance to fish together again. We both missed the tradition we had of fishing together on Father's Day in my childhood.
    Mike

Mike, nice way to spend time with your Dad!!

Comment

Working...
    X