Planning my OBX fishing vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning my OBX fishing vacation

Hey guys couldn't get a lot of responses on other sights so I figured I'd try here to get some insight on my plans for my first week of July vacation to Duck. I really want to get some species off my list while I'm down from the yak. I was thinking about ordering a tub of gulp and just throwing to see what hits. From what I've read I can expect flounder, specs, some reds, blues, etc. That's all cool with me as I've caught not a single saltwater species from the kayak. So my first question is, where are some spots I should venture out to? Our house is sound-side, some places I've heard that it's awesome fishing in there. And others I've found that its way too shallow and you'll be fighting to find any significant holes.

Also will shark fishing be good down there? I don't know if it'll be too warm or what. Not trying to catch anything bigger than 6ft with the setup I have. If so what are some good spots to throw a bait out?

I apologize in advance if these are stupid questions!
    Zack
    Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
    Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
    "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Don't know much about duck but Oregon inlet was good for us last summer. Put in at the end of the fishing centers parking lot and drift around the bridge and marshes. Gulp and a jighead.
    2015 Hobie Outback
    Hobie Fishing Team
    Delaware Paddlesports Fishing Team

Comment

if your up for a guided trip I have heard good things about outerbankskayakfishing.com
      D Hawk
      Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
      Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

Working...
      X