Trap Pond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trap Pond

Anyone fish Trap Pond in Laurel DE? I'm thinking about giving it a try. Any reports?

Billy,

Not this year but a member of this forum and I had a good trip there last year. I think it was May.

We each caught double digit numbers of LM bass.

It's shallow with lots of shoreline structure and I fished top water exclusively.

The bass were quite willing to come up.

Good luck when you go.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

They had a 5.5 lb. caught there two weeks ago.

Comment

I'm fishing Trap tomorrow morning. Its really finicky there, especially in summer when the water levels get really low. You need to hit the stumps and laydowns at the top of the pond, topwater early then plastics of jigs at the cypress trees. Water color is always stained to very stained.

Comment

Trap holds some nice LMB. You can beat the banks and obvious structure and do okay. My best experience there was on a solo trip last September. I started out fishing the obvious and started to get bored so I started fishing the not so obvious for lack of a better term. Everyone and their mother beat those cypress trees to death. I wouldn't fish anywhere near them. Fish the large areas between the cypress with a walking bait or wakebait, maybe even a big swimbait like a bullshad and you'll be a happy camper. At least that's what worked out for me in a big way.

Comment

Fished Trap last Saturday with another kayaker friend. It was very windy. We managed 4 between us on chatterbaits. Didn't really fish the trees as it was too windy to hold in place. Tried the pads in the back with only one bite. Water level was fine and the clarity was stained.

Comment

Get there early and fish under the dock at the office. that's the deepest part of the lake and where the fish are until everyone gets there and scatters them

Comment

Trap is good but it can get crowded and wind blown.

Just pat Trap is Trussum Pond. Similar to Trap as it is also a Bald Cypress Swamp but smaller. Parking is very limited and there is a small launch area but the fishing is just as good as Trap. Largemouth, Pickerel, Crappie and Blue Gills. Not to mention the non-fish fauna (turtles, herons, osprey, frogs and snakes).
                Jackson Kayak Coosa HD
                Jackson Kayak Kilroy DT

Comment

Trussum has to be the turtle capital of the world. They are everywhere!

Comment

Working...
                  X