Nags Head/Manteo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nags Head/Manteo

Went down to nags head with the in laws last week and was hoping to get into some nice fish but that was just a dream. Started bad when the wife and I stopped in Va beach Friday night to fish lynnhaven inlet but the park was closed even the ramp was shutting down on Saturday until new bridge is built so the manager said. Tried the bay from a side street public parking area sat.morning but way too windy not even the crabs were in the surf.

The 30+ mph wind followed us to obx where the surf was ruff and nothing biting. Went to little bridge and pirates cove pier but nothing there either. By wensday the wind calmed down an the wife and I went out on the Miss Oregon inlet but the catching wasn't much better a few small croakers and whiting with a spot or 2 in the mix. No flounder or trout. On Thursday went to Mann's harbor pier and set out a rod with some pieces of cut croaker set it down and was casting a jig with anouther rod when the bottom rig went off I grabbed it and thought it was a big red by the way it was fighting got it to the pier and saw it was a big Atlantic sting ray so I beached it and got my rig back. Very let down.

On Friday I fished from Pirates cove again and had a little better luck caught a nice spec and small croakers but spec are off limits till June 15 sux!

All in all a good vacation but I wish fishing had been better.

Thanks for the report. I am going down there in September and enjoy hearing the reports.
    Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
    Cobra Explorer

Comment

Working...
    X