Broke my Maiden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke my Maiden

In horse racing when a filly wins its first race it has "broke its maiden"- same for me- this weekend Moc and Icalurus showed me the way and it was fun to break my maiden- but I also found out that I want as much as I can up front- not behind me- order just went in the Austin Canoe and Kayak for a couple of things to do that- also found out that I got the right kayak for me- the 13 foot Prowler paddles and tracks very nice in the wind- without a rudder. Other than my goof ups (left my PFD on the dock and my rods with Moc) Sunday was a very good learning experience- The yak felt very tippy when I first started paddling. Every little movement I could feel, but after a while I didn't notice (especially when I was reeling in fish). After a few miles of paddling and catching fish, I seemed to settle in- Bill's Revolution had some really neat rigging that I want to copy- so did Moc's Tarpon 12.

I am flying to the west coast Friday, staying until next Tuesday so it will be another week before I can even think about the kayak. Good luck to everyone this weekend- I hope you catch some fish.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

glad you had fun and everything worked out. everytime i go out, it seems like i learn something new
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X