Date for Group Tournament?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date for Group Tournament?

I think we should go ahead and try to pick a date in advance that way everyone can plan around it so we can get a good turn out for a small group event.

I think a Saturday or Sunday would work best so go ahead and post some dates and time suggestions. I'm going to make a flyer that we could distribute if we want to promote it more than just people on the forum. And we could probably get a few sponsors if we try.

I'm almost 100% sure I could get a prize package from a lure company because I work with the owner at the Rod-N-Reel.

I just think the sooner we start putting this together the more successful it will be.

I think the growth of the group is very promising. Since I joined 3 weeks ago or so there have been about 12+ new members!!!

unless you guys have dry suits and are willing, i think we are limited to September as the water temperatures are still in the 70's...i think...

i'm unavailable sept 13-14 though.
    sigpic

Comment

Lets try to fill in the Blanks

Flyer and Entry form are inside the folder
      Attached Files

Comment

cool....well lets pick a date and set it up. do you think you can get some kind of sponsorship from Rod and Reel?
        Hobie Revolution 13
        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Sponsors are always a challenge, you could approach some of the local fishing/sports outlets for sponsorship, most will be willing to give something if you pitch them correctly. Most want to know that they will get some return even if it is only advertising and most have banners/flags/stickers/decals that you can fly/use for advertising.

The local cities and counties have community newspaper and are always looking for editorials, Spinnsheet magazine will also run articles and so it goes on. Exposure is available but requires some effort. If you aproach the Baltimore and DC newspaper sports editors they would also look at some type of editorial.

Some of the local restaurants are also open to prizes, a promise of the prize giving or after event meeting held at their restaurant is always a good carrot.

Here is a outside chance for a sponsor, Ski Haus (near SPSP) has an eccentric owner (the husband) who is always looking at new sport items to invest in, Kayak fishing maybe an option that he would look at, nothing ventured nothing gained.

e-Mail me michael@omnilearn.com if you want and we can talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinnikerman View Post
            Sponsors are always a challenge, you could approach some of the local fishing/sports outlets for sponsorship, most will be willing to give something if you pitch them correctly. Most want to know that they will get some return even if it is only advertising and most have banners/flags/stickers/decals that you can fly/use for advertising.

The local cities and counties have community newspaper and are always looking for editorials, Spinnsheet magazine will also run articles and so it goes on. Exposure is available but requires some effort. If you aproach the Baltimore and DC newspaper sports editors they would also look at some type of editorial.

Some of the local restaurants are also open to prizes, a promise of the prize giving or after event meeting held at their restaurant is always a good carrot.

Here is a outside chance for a sponsor, Ski Haus (near SPSP) has an eccentric owner (the husband) who is always looking at new sport items to invest in, Kayak fishing maybe an option that he would look at, nothing ventured nothing gained.

e-Mail me michael@omnilearn.com if you want and we can talk.
            Yes, I agree with everything that you said, the best thing for us now is to get guys committed to this from our own forum and then we can designate what each person can do to help.

Because it is the first time we are trying to do something like this I think it will be more of a group fish off for bragging rights and maybe small prize packages and the buy in will be more of a fundraiser. And I think the money should go to the group fund for decals and t-shirts and what not for members. Just a thought though.

Comment

I would only be able to go on Sunday, but I would love this idea. I can sell really well so maybe I could pick up some additional sponsors for the tournament.

Comment

i really think for our first one, it should be a prize of just braggin rights. the point is to get as many people out on the same day. from that, it willl just grow.

so lets pic a date!
                sigpic

Comment

What do you think about the 23rd of August? do you think this late of notice we could get a good turnout?

Never mind I couldn't do the 23rd. But i could change my plans for the 22nd if the 22nd is a good day for most...
                  Last edited by CB kayak 02; 08-10-2009, 09:20 PM.

Comment

is anyone else interested in a braggin rights tourney?? may be just CB, Grilled and I. we gotta start somewhere. dont worry, i'll win..LOL
                    sigpic

Comment

I think if you, Stupidjet, go ahead and pick a date then we we have better response on who can make it or not.

Comment

Set the date and lets see if you can really win this one ...... LOL (need to do this soon as the weather window is rapidly closing)

Comment

what date is better for everyone.....Sat 9/8 or 9/15?
                          Hobie Revolution 13
                          Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled Sardine View Post
                            what date is better for everyone.....Sat 9/8 or 9/15?
                            wrong dates
                            sigpic

Comment

was looking at august....

9/12 or 9/19
                              Hobie Revolution 13
                              Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Working...
                              X