Best launch site at Lake Roland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best launch site at Lake Roland?

Hi guys I'm going to lake Roland on Friday and I was hoping some of you more experinced lake Roland yakkers could tell me where's the best place to launch from?

There isn't a kayak launch but I usually put in just to the left of the concrete pad that most people fish off of right by the parking lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok thanks, have you been there yet this year and if so how did you do and what lures should I bring? Thanks so much

Comment

I went probably 2 months ago but didn't catch anything. I think at that time it may have been a little too early in the year for that lake. Soft plastics are my go to anywhere and seem to work there when they are biting.

Comment

Mhoffman is spot on about the launch. I have had very little luck there and have been many times. If you are looking for carp (which are big there) go under the railroad tracks and hang right and make your way toward the shallows. For LMB I hear wacky-rigged Senkos in blue are the ticket, but only on the launch side of the tracks. Not heard of anyone catching anything big there, so maybe you will be the one to break the trend.
          Last edited by NukeMD; 06-03-2014, 09:55 PM.
          Dave N.
          Wilderness Systems Radar 115
          - Solar

Comment

Yea biggest I've caught was about 16-17", probably 2 1/2 lb range. I heard that they drained it a few years back so that might explain the lack of big fish. It is deep in the main lake though so hopefully in a few more years the size of the fish will improve

Comment

Working...
            X