Solomons Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solomons Island

My wife and Cowkid2 just got back from a day of fishing the Bay. They were with friends on a center console boat. They caught a bunch of croaker and some spots, only 15 or so of the croaker were keepers.

I filleted a couple of them real quick and my wife fried them up...they are yummy.

Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Nice, I glad to see Croaker are getting some size to them. I will have to hit Point Lookout soon and fill a cooler.
    Jim

Hobie Outback
    TKAA member
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockchaser View Post
      Nice, I glad to see Croaker are getting some size to them. I will have to hit Point Lookout soon and fill a cooler.
      Do you bleed them? My wife said her friends always do...I don't have any experience with them.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

I was just about to comment, saying that it looks like they were all bled. Just last week I read a thread on a different forum, and multiple commenters swore by bleeding everything...no matter the size or species. I might start doing the same. I saw some pics of fillets of fish that were bled vs those that weren't. Huge difference, visually.
        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Yeah, they bled all of them. I don't know what species most people bleed?
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Girls went to the Bay again, not sure where. I think they were going to Solomans Island, same as last Sunday. Cowkid2 only sent these pictures, they should be home in an hour or so.

Looking forward to eating some flounder!

Spiny Dogfish?

Not sure how they caught these, they didn't keep them.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

sweet floulder, the horse shoe crab wasnt giving up, ha
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rockchaser View Post
                Not sure if you are closer to the Sandy Point area, but I have been catching croakers in the 9" - 14" range (mostly keepers) in numbers that I got tired of catching them off of sandy point. I even hooked up into a couple of 10" + sized spot as well. You might be able to save yourself a drive if you are closer to SPSP. KulJc has the pics of them before we cleaned them. I'll get him to load the pic. We actually were letting some go, but still neared our limit. I only kept 10 because I had a trip prior that I caught a bunch of spot already.
                The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Working...
                X