Fletcher's report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fletcher's report

Early start to the weekend, fished Friday morning. We didn't have herring but tried for stripers anyway. We had store bought "fresh" spot and BKDs. We dropped sabikis for herring... none. Tried for shad, none but saw 2 caught on other boats. Didn't see any stripers or perch landed either. Our tally was a lone bluue cat @ 21.13#. Only saw 2 other small cats landed. We ran up to Fletcher's from Gravelly in a 14' bomber bass boat. Round trip was no problem, but the wind started blowing on the way back to the ramp
    Lines were in before daybreak and the boat was back on the trailer before noon. The fish hit around 7:30. The air sure was fresh.

Was the water high/ brown or high/ green?This cold snap might be slowing the bite.I did side hook a shad last week with a lure.They're around,I am going to try Chainbridge this weekend.

Comment

A 21lb blue cat isn't too shabby. I'm surprised the shad and stripers didn't play along. I sat in my office all day thinking it would be a great shad day since it's so overcast...
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Water was a good color. Stage at the falls was 4.4 this morning and 4.2 now. The tide was real high all morning, I called Fletcher's yesterday checking on bait and he told me the river had dropped more than 10 degrees from early in the week. Before that the fish were all there so a few warm days could bring them back.

Comment

Thanks for the report, Bob. Nice catfish. I've been tracking water temps. This past week was not kind. Sunny tomorrow and then a couple days in the 70's coming up! That ought get things going!

John

Comment

thanks for the report! i'd like to get out there soon
            sigpic

Comment

Got the picture today for you catfish lovers. They went back today and got several blues up to 20# around the bridges. Water temp is down to 42.
              http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/i...-1121lbcat.jpg

Comment

Nice fish. That boat looks like it's outfitted for some serious catfishing, too.
                Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Nice catfish, Cap'n C! That's some pullage!

Dang, water temps down to 42 today!?!? That clinches it. Gonna score some honey do points and take the missus to the cherry blossoms tomorrow. 70 possible on Monday so will look to mid-week to wet a line next!

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
                    Nice fish. That boat looks like it's outfitted for some serious catfishing, too.
                    It's a 14' Bomber bass boat, one of the earliest called a bass boat. The owner has brought many large stripers over the side from Fletchers and Washington Channel. The cats are a by-catch. I'm lucky to be on his invitation list.

Comment

Working...
                    X