Potomac Tributary 05-28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potomac Tributary 05-28

I tried another tributary to find the elusive SH. I fished from 3 to 8 pm. I snagged my favorite chatterbait, and the vegetation is getting thicker so I switched to weedless swimbait. My first fish again was a SH. I caught a 16 in bass and missed a couple of them. There were a lot of catfish, I kept bumming into them and they kept nimble on my swimbait. I also snagged a catfish with my swimbait. No picture this time because it started to rain when I'm about to launch so I left my phone in the car.

been out to catch SH the other week , I can see them feeding and trashing in front of me (frustrating) but they dont like what im offering..not easy to catch them. used spinnerbait ,topwater frogs,crankbait, i saw two guys bowfishing and they are successful, i think they brought home 15.next time ill bring big weighted treble hook and snag them!

Comment

I think there are fewer of them now.

Comment

I wont be surprise! People want to erradicate this specie quickly

I Phone

Comment

I'm also having trouble catching them. Tried 3 or 4 times in the last month and only caught one 25". There are still a lot of them where I have tried, but they do not like my offerings. Only thing that worked so far was soft frog jigged up from bottom. They seem to have no interest in topwater at this time, but I do see quite a few breaking sh fish. A couple actually looked to be getting ready to attack my kayak.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
            I'm also having trouble catching them. Tried 3 or 4 times in the last month and only caught one 25". There are still a lot of them where I have tried, but they do not like my offerings. Only thing that worked so far was soft frog jigged up from bottom. They seem to have no interest in topwater at this time, but I do see quite a few breaking sh fish. A couple actually looked to be getting ready to attack my kayak.

yes JohnE, that why i want to hook one again, their primitive look,snakelike skin and texture.wont forget the first time i brought home one alive.On my way home,
            SH on the back of my suv i can hear that it is still alive hoping that before i reach home it s already dead, but no then i left it on my kitchen sink and went to bed the next AM still kicking and moving like nothing happen..that s the time i realized it will be with us for the longest time,they are tough!!!

Comment

Working...
            X