Potomac Tributary 05-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potomac Tributary 05-21

Finally, I hooked up with a SH 2014. I fished the last couple hours of the incoming tide around 11 am till 4 pm. The first fish I caught was a SH, I thought to myself "It's gonna be great!!!". Then I got disappointed 15 times (14 bass, 1 catfish). Around 4 pm I finally gave up on catching another SH since weather forecast it's gonna rain around 4-5 pm. The lure of the day was z-man chatter bait with a 4 in chartreuse twister tail trailer. Most the bass were 14-15 in, biggest one is over 16 with couple small one as well.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
    Finally, I hooked up with a SH 2014. I fished the last couple hours of the incoming tide around 11 am till 4 pm. The first fish I caught was a SH, I thought to myself "It's gonna be great!!!". Then I got disappointed 15 times (14 bass, 1 catfish). Around 4 pm I finally gave up on catching another SH since weather forecast it's gonna rain around 4-5 pm. The lure of the day was z-man chatter bait with a 4 in chartreuse twister tail trailer. Most the bass were 14-15 in, biggest one is over 16 with couple small one as well.
    Sorry about your bad luck...

That's a heck of a way to be disappointed. J/k, did you measure the snakehead? Looks big.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

It was a good day fishing but I didn't catch enough SH . I keep telling myself that I will buy a hawg trough but I keep forgetting. I guess it's around 7-8 lbs. I prefer them smaller, I think they taste better small.

Comment

I'm going to get a Hawg Trough too, maybe soon. I don't catch many big fish, but I guess it'll work for my small fish too.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Sure wish I could get disapointed with 14 bass!!
          Caught 3 this weekend in 2 days of fishing.
          Had about 10 more hits but kept getting short strikes on my baby brush hog.
          Even tried some frog fishing today for a few hours but no luck.
          Fished sunday at mariner point and tried dundee creek for the 1st time today.
          Did get one close to 5 lbs.
          2013 PRO ANGLER 12
          2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Working...
          X