Rocky Gorge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Gorge

Hitting the Gorge tomorrow morning...Anyone interested???

Ok, So my first experience and it was decent. Caught 4 , largest being about 3.5lb. Didn't go to far because i was unfamiliar with the water and wasn't sure about the wind. Caught 2 of them on a Senko worm and the other 2 on a lipless crankbait. I would love to keep going here with someone who has knowledge. Please feel free to hit me up anytime your heading out and would like some company.

Comment

Great job. 4 bass from Rocky Gorge on any trip is a great success. At some point this summer I'm going to paddle from Browns Bridge to Scotts Cove. I've never tried it before and I'm sure I'll be tired, but there will be places that probably don't get much fishing pressure, so hopefully it will be a good time.

Comment

Feel free to hit me up, I would love to go!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
          Great job. 4 bass from Rocky Gorge on any trip is a great success. At some point this summer I'm going to paddle from Browns Bridge to Scotts Cove. I've never tried it before and I'm sure I'll be tired, but there will be places that probably don't get much fishing pressure, so hopefully it will be a good time.
          Around the 29 bridge is good, it gets far less fishing pressure because it's halfway between the two main launches. It's a long paddle, but worth it.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Anyone ever heard of any monsters near that bridge? I've always wanted to liveline a bluegill right there but never actually done it ...

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
              Dan, I've done the paddle from Scotts Cove to Browns Bridge and back again one time last year trolling big rapalas for larger stripers. It took about 4.5 hours and is about 10 miles of paddling and a good workout. (I didn't catch any stripers sadly LOL)
              Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
              Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
              Northern Pike: 24 inches
              Crappie: 12 inches
              Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

Originally posted by reeltor_mike View Post
                Anyone ever heard of any monsters near that bridge? I've always wanted to liveline a bluegill right there but never actually done it ...
                The bridge is a good place to catch crappies and catfish. I caught a 12+ inch crappie and 18 inch catfish there last summer. Last year I caught more big bass down lower on the powerlines/dam side of the reservoir. I think the water clarity is better down near the dam. There are walleyes and pike there as well. DNR shocked up some monster bass and pike there.

I've caught some decent sized bass and some small stripers between the stumps and 29 bridge also.

Comment

Hit the gorge today...bad hours due to the rain 2-5pm had one on but lost it. Threw jigs, senko, shakey head, even tried a rattletrap.

Comment

Originally posted by MarylandBassFishing View Post
                    Hit the gorge today...bad hours due to the rain 2-5pm had one on but lost it. Threw jigs, senko, shakey head, even tried a rattletrap.
                    Yeah man, early morning is better than afternoons there from personal experience. Have you tried spinners and spinnerbaits? They work really well since the water visibility is so bad there always.

Comment

Hit the Gorge Today and had the best day ever. My partner & I caught 30+ pitching the banks with multiple soft plastics. Arrived at 5:15 and fished to 2:15. Thank you Dave for a great day on the water!!!!

Comment

That's a great day! Congrats.
                        John D.
                        2015 Hobie Revolution 13
                        GO RAVENS!!!
                        GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

I was there today, had a few blue gill hit my soft turtle. I caught caught in a tree limb, as I closed in out out cam two really large bass....I'll be back! Great day, loved the beauty of the place. First time fishing there.
                          Jackson Cuda Black Widow

Comment

Working...
                          X