• Show
Clear All

• mariner point park(5/24)

Fished the outgoing tide this morning,
    1/8oz jig with multiple color grubs(black, chartreuse , orange),
    deadsticking/slow retrieval,
    7 largemouth total all right around 12'',
    and 1 yellowperch

14.5.24(1)GunpowderLargemouth.jpg 14.5.24(2)GunpowderLargemouth.jpg 14.5.24(3)GunpowderLargemouth.jpg 14.5.24(4)GunpowderLargemouth.jpg 14.5.24(5)GunpowderLargemouth.jpg 14.5.24(6)GunpowderYellowPerch.jpg

Good looking fish.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Nice Job.
      Was out there sunday and hit alot of areas I havent been to before. Finally made my way over to Days Cove Pond. That area looks like it will be a great place to throw a frog later this summer. Had some areas getting scummy already. Anyone ever do any good over there???

Got a couple but missed alot more on short strikes on my baby bush hog texas rigged on a 1/0 Gamakatsu G-lock worm hook.
      That combo was deadly for me last season and I dont think I ever missed a fish on it. Not sure what the deal was this weekend. I guess they just arent as agressive yet.

I thought about switching to a jig head with a gulp or twister tail trailer and now wish i would have tried it But Im always worried about getting hung up with a jig head combo cause im mostly fishing laydowns.
      2013 PRO ANGLER 12
      2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Lately I have been using just a jig and only get hung up occasionally, I would try a texas rig there more often, especially when the grass starts to grow thick.

I haven't caught many bass in Days Cove Pond but I have got a lot of different pan fish in there.

Comment

congrats! looks like it was a good morning!
          Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Working...
          X