Tridelphia - 24 May 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tridelphia - 24 May 2014

Anyone else headed there tomorrow? Going to try for walleye again, and anything else dumb enough to take the bait. Will be putting in at the Greenbridge ramp, should be there by 9:30~10am.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
    Anyone else headed there tomorrow? Going to try for walleye again, and anything else dumb enough to take the bait. Will be putting in at the Greenbridge ramp, should be there by 9:30~10am.
    I'm going to give it a try. Hope to be at the visitors center at 7 for the pass.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2
    Kevin Markland
    @k.markland
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrK...XAJGcn9VEYDG2w

2015 Wildy ATAK- Flint Camo
    2014 Perception Pescador 12- Sand

Comment

Originally posted by kevinmark View Post
      I'm going to give it a try. Hope to be at the visitors center at 7 for the pass.

I'll be a bit behind you, but hope to see you (catching) on the water. We're going to drag some worms and throw some lures.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

I'll be a bit behind you, but hope to see you (catching) on the water. We're going to drag some worms and throw some lures.
        Cool man. After seeing your walleye posts I found some spinner rigs at ollies's so might give it a go. See ya out there good luck!!

Kevin Markland
        @k.markland

Comment

Cool man. After seeing your walleye posts I found some spinner rigs at ollies's so might give it a go. See ya out there good luck!!

I'll give you a couple if you want to give my creation a try.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

I'll give you a couple if you want to give my creation a try.
            Yes sir I'll take you up on that offer!! Thank you!!

Kevin Markland
            @k.markland

Comment

Yes sir I'll take you up on that offer!! Thank you!!

See you on the water.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Got two walleye today, along with one LMB by Cowkid2, and more white perch than I'd care to count. Pictures later.
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

Aweeome! It was nice meeting you and your daughter. I'm glad you got some walleyes. This gives more an incentive to get back there. Thanks for the handmade rigs. Looks great. I'm gonna have put it to use next trip there.

Mobile
                  Last edited by Goody; 05-24-2014, 06:20 PM.

Outback 2015
                  Maui

Comment

I'll second goodys post. Going to have to make some DIY trolling stuff but I'm hooked!! I ended up with some nice LMB pitching and flipping the trees. Thanks again for the rigs cowpokey. I will be in the hobie club one day!! Nice meeting you all!!!

Kevin Markland
                    @k.markland

Comment

I'll second goodys post. Going to have to make some DIY trolling stuff but I'm hooked!! I ended up with some nice LMB pitching and flipping the trees. Thanks again for the rigs cowpokey. I will be in the hobie club one day!! Nice meeting you all!!!

Nice meeting you. I'll see you out there soon.

Mobile

Outback 2015
                      Maui

Comment

Originally posted by Goody View Post
                        Aweeome! It was nice meeting you and your daughter. I'm glad you got some walleyes. This gives more an incentive to get back there. Thanks for the handmade rigs. Looks great. I'm gonna have put it to use next trip there.

Mobile
                        I caught both walleye on the orange blade with yellow and blue beads, just like one of them I gave you, in 7 feet of water. Caught both of them in just a couple minutes of each other. We'll be back out the Monday. Good meeting you too, thanks for the Dr Irv plastics, Cowkid2 caught the bass on one of them with the chartreuse and pink bead spinner.
                        Hobie fleet:
                        2017 Quest 13
                        2015 Outback
                        2014 Outback

Comment

Those spinner rigs would probably catch more good fish, if the darned white perch would leave them alone long enough for the target species to get a bite. Good meeting you too. I'm going to order some more of those bait walker weights (in 5/8 oz and heavier), Cowkid2 ended up with a bad snag that straightened the snap on her ball bearing swivel...I figured the line would break before that would be possible.
                          Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

Had a good day on the water, hope to keep improving on size and quantity of walleye. talked with a couple gentlemen in a boat on the way in that caught a couple walleye today some more yesterday, they didn't say how many but it sounded like enough for a meal? Said they lost one at the boat "about two feet"...man a 24" walleye would be a nice fish.

On the way this morning; 60 mph, 60 degrees, no top, no doors, no socks, no shoes...Jeep has a good heater to warm up Cowkid2's feet.

She caught a fishing pole, nothing too fancy...but it will clean up and be good enough for a bank rod.

15 inch walleye, just barely legal...it's been filleted and is in a bowl of water in the fridge.

12 incher, picture and back in the drink. Caught both walleye in just a couple minutes, 7 foot of water on a spinner with nightcrawler.

Then Cowkid2 caught a LMB on a spinner rig (by Cowpokey) with a plastic worm (by Dr Irv).

Hobie fleet:
                            2017 Quest 13
                            2015 Outback
                            2014 Outback

Comment

Great job to the both of you. Curious, why do you put the fillet walleye in water in the frig?

Mobile

Outback 2015
                              Maui

Comment

Working...
                              X