Triadelphia Reservoir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triadelphia Reservoir

I caught this unusual 20 inch largemouth bass on Saturday. My biggest ever. It hit a white spinner bait.

from the looks of the tail it's already been digging

Comment

Nice work. Those spots on its fins are interesting. I haven't seen one like that before.
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Spots

Yup, I'm not sure what the black marks are. I sent the photos to the MD DNR and asked them about it. I'm curious to hear what they will say.

Comment

sweet!
          sigpic

Comment

really really really nice bass ......... congrats

Comment

I have seen those black spots on fish that have been caught by some of the pros on TV. That is interesting.

Good fish.

Comment

1 more inch and you could have gotten a C&R citation and been entered in the maryland fishing challenge!
                sigpic

Comment

Cool Fish.

Yup, it was a cool fish and my biggest ever. This season I've become a believer in early spring fishing. So far my two largest bass ever have come this March!

Comment

Nice fish- I seem to get the big females this time of year, too- pre-spawn fish feeding to reproduce. Once they spawn they guard the nest from predators, so right now they are feeding.
                    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Very nice fish. I use to bring my canoe to the Tridelphia, but I have not fished there in many years now. I may just jave to bring my yak out there one day. That is one nice looking bass. Thanks for the pics and report.

Comment

Congratulations on the fish! Let us know what the DNR says about the spots when you hear back.

Jason

Comment

DNR Response

The DNR posted photos of the fish and made a response about the black markings on the maryland angler's log.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries...gle.asp?ID=531

Comment

Dan: Now, you are a celebrity for more than throwing a football.

Comment

Working...
                            X