No kayaks here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No kayaks here

I spent the last several days in Cartagena, Colombia. It is beautiful, lively, and inexpensive place to visit. I looked around for fishing charters of any kind and especially kayak fishing charters or rentals -- I found none of them available here. I did manage to get into a person-powered vessel and did see a lot of fish, but cannot claim that I was kayak fishing.

This morning I had a taxi driver take me to La Boquilla, a few miles northeast of Cartagena. The impoverished town sits between a beautiful wide beach

020.jpg

and a large mangrove area. The driver had a friend who owned a primitive dugout canoe. For $20, he took me on a private tour through the mangrove tunnels. The guy stood on the rear seat and poled us along. The area looked really fishy -- I wish I had a rod with me. I saw bait moving all over the place.

Here are few photos.

001.jpg 003.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

John,

Nice photos to record a nice experience.

Bet a couple of paddle tails launched out of that dugout would have caught something interesting.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Did he drive one of these too?...

Native Slayer 12
      Native Ultimate

Comment

Originally posted by gliebig View Post
        Did he drive one of these too?...