5/18 Lewes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/18 Lewes

I planned to do a combo flounder/drum expedition yesterday and headed down to CHSP to start the morning. Started off the morning yakking around chsp pier and picked up one fat 24" flounder and then the winds and swell picked up. Had to retreat and hit the canal for the afternoon. As we were leaving two guys were launching in coosas into the whitecaps Hoped the wind would stop so we could head out to the drum grounds but it never did.

Picked up one more 17" in the canal and me and my buddy both dropped heavy fish. Strangely enough also caught a croaker and a hickory shad on my gulp teaser. Bite died when the tide slacked and the outgoing started. Met a forum member in the lot at the canal ramp and he turned me onto this site. I think he said his name was "Minnow Man" or something like that. I was in the silver tacoma with two Revo 13s. I'll probably be down for memorial day weekend and wouldn't mind meeting and fishing with some fellow members. I'll try and get some pics up later
    Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Congrats and thanks for the local update. Sounds like you had quite the dinner as well, haha.
    Hobie Outback - Orange

Where Land Ends...Life Begins

Comment

Nice, there are drum grounds near Chsp?

Sent from the water.
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Yea definitely didn't intend on kayaking directly from chsp to the drum grounds. Was going to load up the kayaks and drive a little further north up the bay before launching again

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Nice meeting you at the ramp. On Bass barn I my sign on is minnow man on here it plastic boat
          There is another kayak ramp in Lewes about a mile up the canal by the light ship and ball fields if you wanted to fish that section of the canal.
          We decided to go fresh water fishing in records pond on the way home Didn't want to deal with all that wind. We did have a good day with well over 50 crappies each. we left them biting.
          Last edited by plastic boat; 05-19-2014, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Hey what's up man. Thanks for the info on the boat ramp we looked for one down there but didn't see it. Good deal with the crappies it woulda been tough with paddle yaks in that canal with the wind and current against eachother

My YouTube Channel

Comment

welcome room and thanks for the report!
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X