What's in your area? Tips and Tricks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's in your area? Tips and Tricks!

Good day fishing at the Occoquan River last weekend,at failing tide,best fishing times when there s current.
    Throwing swimbait ( white, 4 inches ) produces for me, let the swimbait touch bottom.Pls. you're welcome to
    contribute your fishing experience at this place or any place.
    Attached Files

By the way, wanted to introduce myself and thank you for this fishing forum,its been very informative.i started as a shore fisherman, from va to md, 3 yrs ago if i have time i always fish Thomas point md at shore, ausome place for spring and fall striper. Freshwater fishing at Occoquan,leesylvania park for snakehead and shad , SM bass and occassional striper at fletchers dc .i appreciate hosting this site.

Comment

Welcome to the site. That's quite a variety of fish for a day on the water. I do enjoy the occasional unexpected catfish when throwing for largemouth.
      Mike

Comment

All mix in a day and one type of artificial.swimbait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

nice mix of fish! and welcome to the forum!
          Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Nice fish. I actually live in VA but prefer fishing the wssc lakes since I keep my kayak there. Have you tried Burke lake?
            Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
            Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
            Northern Pike: 24 inches
            Crappie: 12 inches
            Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Your profile doesn't mention where you are so don't know how far you'll travel. My favorite area is the Potomac around 301 bridge. pretty good for Rock and last year was even fair for keeper reds. Always good for bleu cats and croakers in season. Second goto place is Mattingly Park on the Mattawoman Creek for LM and snakeheads.

Comment

Thank you guys ( Capt C-Hawk, perchy. Turtle135, mweber02 ), I 'm from woodbridge va. Were do you launch at 301 bridge ?

Comment

no i haven t try Burke lake.I only fish the pier for catfish

Comment

Originally posted by Pinoy2 View Post
                    I 'm from woodbridge va. Were do you launch at 301 bridge ?

Aqualand, right beside the bridge on the MD side. There's a park on the VA side that's free, but the fishing isn't as good.

Comment

Working...
                    X