Prowler Trident 13 Compact flush mount install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prowler Trident 13 Compact flush mount install

My Scotty flushmounts came in this week along with my rod holders and extenders. After a busy week I woke up this morning and decided to install them this morning. Before going this route I really wanted the new mod pod but after pondering buying one I felt it was not worth it because it would only be used for 2 rod holders and not the FF because I have the Sonar Shield. I came across a Kayak rigging contest on the net and saw someone install there compact flush mounts between the sonar shield and rod pod so that is what I decided to do. It is just enough space for them to fit nicely.

Here is how it looked before drilling.

Use the spacer as a stencil for all holes to be drilled

Flush Mount Continuing

The final product. The rod holders can turn in any angle for bottom fishing, trolling, or moving to another location.

Comment

Thanks for sharing- looks good- I like that you can remove the extended rod holders and have a clean yak for casting lures and that the holders are flush with the deck.
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Looks good man! I'm gonna get a compact mount for my light...

MYT

Comment

Nice work on the install! Make sure you fish these with a light drag if you troll from here. I put on of them on my yak and they definitely flex when a fish hits. It's nice to be able to take the cover off the rod pod with out moving your rod, esp if you use the tackle tray.
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Nice work!!
            <insert witty comment here>

Comment

very nice, time to catch fish

Comment

Working...
              X