Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Night fishing tonight - Black Hills Regional Lake - Mo. Co.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night fishing tonight - Black Hills Regional Lake - Mo. Co.

i am 99% sure i will be fishing here tonight if anyone else is interested in venturing out. Must have lights for safely. It is my understanding a simple Yak Attack or similar light is all that is required, but cant swear to it...thats all im carrying other than a light on the brim of my hat and a flashlight.
    Jackson - BIG TUNA

I will be there as well.

On lighting, yes, that is what they are looking for, a white light visible from 360 degrees. I think you are also supposed to carry a whistle or a horn or a bell.
    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Have either of you night fished? I typically have always felt bass stop biting right about the time the darkness falls. Seems like evening bites hold up until it is really more dark than light out , than it shuts down. Do they wake up again later?
      Hurricane Skimmer 128
      WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin View Post
        Have either of you night fished? I typically have always felt bass stop biting right about the time the darkness falls. Seems like evening bites hold up until it is really more dark than light out , than it shuts down. Do they wake up again later?
        I always try to hit Little Seneca for the night fishing nights. It has been hit or miss with the bass. I have caught some 18" to 20" at night. My gut tells me that the night fishing should be best during the heat of summer (and not in May) but you never know. There are some huge bass in there and they may not be "expecting us" tonight. I had nights where the bite did not start until 10:30 to 11:00 (and they are only open until midnight).

Here is a night bass from 2012:
        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin View Post
          I dont typically fish at night because my alarm goes off at 4 a.m. But i am ahead of my workload at the office, so if i sleep in im cool. Also, i have only been out twice since last fall...im way behind schedule.
          Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

Night fishing at Little Seneca Lake last night.

Got on the water a little after 6:00 P.M. and fished until 11:30 P.M. (had to be out of the park by midnight). Landed 8 bass from 14" to 17".

It seemed there were two distinct flurries of activity where the bass would flood into the shallows to feed. I was throwing a jig and most of my hits came on the initial descent of the lure. I suspect the bass were attracted to the splash of the lure as much as anything else. Between those flurries, it was really quiet on the water and bites were hard to come by. When I started hearing slashes in the shallows at the start of the second flurry (around 11:00 P.M.) I was making a short pitch with the jig and if I did not get bit a few seconds after it hit the bottom I was swimming the jig back to the kayak for another pitch.

Met up wfauby and Berto out on the water. All and all a very nice evening on the water.

Dave

Comment

I've caught plenty of bass at night

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

It was nice fishing you guys!

I caught 3 LM two was about 12" and one 18.75". All was caught on jig and craw. And I caught it around the same time as Turtle.

2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

I tried shore fishing late last summer during one of their night fishing events and was skunked. No doubt the fish were deeper than I expected.

I'll have to try night fishing with the 'yak this year. Just need to figure out a way of mounting a light without drilling holes.

Comment

Originally posted by tomas View Post
                    Just need to figure out a way of mounting a light without drilling holes.
                    I just put my on one of my rod holder on my milk crate.
                    2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Working...
                    X