Albermarle Sound / Oregon Inlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albermarle Sound / Oregon Inlet

Went to visit my Dad in NC last week. We were only able to fish 1 Day due to the high winds. we planed 3 days to fish the sound side of Oregon inlet but the high winds kept us off the water in the sound.. So We fished the Perquimans river around Hertford His home area. We did catch a few small Large mouth bass. yellow and white perch, a 3' gar and a What I think was a large Bowfin. I hope it was not a Snakehead. Even in the protected water it was a struggle with the wind. At least My Dad was happy with the smallish fish.

I wish I could report that we caught Red drum, flounder and blues but 15 - 30 mph winds kept us from launching at the inlet. Maybe next time I will have a better report or a least a plan of some where to fish when it's to bad/windy to fish the backside of the inlet.

still not bad for one day, eh? 3' foot anything is sweet
    sigpic

Comment

I was down that same weekend, I fished the little bridge for a few hours Friday evening with no luck. I ended up fishing Kitty Hawk Bay on Saturday and managed a 35" gar. That was the only thing moving around. I was hoping for sone specks but maybe next time.

I was planning to hit the inlet but didn't even drive that far down to check it out. The wind was brutal.
      Jim

Hobie Outback
      TKAA member
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Dad had fun with the Gar.
        I wasn't crazy about the Bowfin they sure have lots of TEETH and I left the pliers in the truck...

Comment

Working...
        X