New permit in Queen Annes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New permit in Queen Annes

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, I did look around in the boards and didn't notice it. For those that fish the Bay Bridge and will launch from Terrapin Beach, the county now is requiring a permit to use the park along with two other parks in Queen Annes. This may have an effect on those also that plan to fish the tournament and launch from there as I do. Daily permits are 5 for Md, 10 for out of state, 35 yearly for Md, 60 for out of state. They can't be purchased at the park but only a handful of stores in the area. Looks like I might be out 35.00 as I fish the bridge a few times during the summer. Just informing everyone so no one finds a ticket on their car.

http://www.qactv.com/recreation/new-...-annes-county/

I had a little spare time on Sunday, May 18, so I stopped in Terrapin Park for the first time for a quick tour through the park. I also wanted to check-out the kayak launch. Jeez... how far is the beach and launch area from the parking lot? I walked what seemed to be a mile or more and ran out of time before I got to the beach. I had to turn around and head back to the car. I think I was pretty close to water but I had commitments else where. If I was on the correct trail it must be a loooong hike to the water's edge while towing a kayak.
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

its about 1/3 of a mile, using the google maps distance tool.
      sigpic

Comment

Not sure if that distance is correct but It seems a lot further than that. I would rather launch at Mattapeake and take the Tide/current bus to the bridge and then the return trip the same way. It does however mean you may be on the water for a few hours. Terrapin Park is a long walk to the water if you are carrying or even towing a Yak to the beach. It was nice back when we used to launch at Hemmingways but the new ownership don't want us spending our money in their bar for some reason...
        Tom Brown
        Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
        2012 Hobie PA 14'
        Ocean Kayak Tident 13
        2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

when ive launched there, i thought it was more of 1/4 mile. picture walking around one loop of a track.
          sigpic

Comment

From the time I get my kayak off the roof to the bridge takes me 30-45 mins. Yes G dock was a lot faster unfortunately we can't launch there any longer. Also on rough days Matapeake is to far to ride or fight the waves on some days and I like to be fishing the bridge during the tide movement so slack tide takes a lot longer and a workout that far. I made about 7 trips last year from Terrapin, you will just need a cart. It's actually not bad at all. I like the Eastern side so as of right now this is the best option for me. The walk should be about 10-15 mins from the car if you went the correct way. You will just need to launch from the beach. There were a few in the tournament that launched from camp wright that said it was a long paddle and a real fight to get to the bridge. I launched from Terrapin bc it was too rough to do that paddle that far that day of the tournament. I did use the tide to float down to the camp when I was done fishing that day.

Comment

Working...
            X