C and O canal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C and O canal

I did some bank fishing last night on C and O canal at Seneca Breaks. I only had about an hour or so before dark so I didn't load up a yak or anything. The Potomac was still raging pretty good. Definitely not Yakable.

It was pretty out there. I saw a huge Bullfrog, a couple deer, turtles, some neat little grey/yellow warbler type birds, and a Red Fox.

I caught three small LM bass. They definitely preferred rapalas. No interest on Spnnierbait, senko or anything else for that matter.

Looking forward to my summer yak trips down through the breaks.
    Hurricane Skimmer 128
    WS Pamlico 100

I haven't caught a fish out of the Potomac yet this season...and its killing me. My local spots are in the upper Potomac near Sharpsburg, MD. This rain is just relentless. Finally had a break one eve from work on 5/6 and decided to load up and finally hit my usual SM spots....it was a no go when I got there. Water was beautiful...not murky but was way too high and moving pretty swift. Good job on your LM catches! This may be the slowest start to a fishing season I can remember....work has a little to with it though.

Comment

Hey Poolz, I'm from Fairplay and fish the same areas.
      "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Rob...Chances are we have crossed paths....maybe. Met quite a few anglers over the past few years in those locations. Let me know if you head out sometime...maybe we can crush some smallies together. I usually put in at Taylors just because it's the closest to my house and I have had the best luck in that area. Always up for a new spot tho.

Comment

Working...
        X