Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hole in the Wall (CHSP, May 6, 2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hole in the Wall (CHSP, May 6, 2014)

We found the hole, the outside of the Inner Wall. The hole, I think, is the one of the best holes.
    (Grilled (Mike), Fish (Steve) and ComeOnFish (Joe) were there.)

Fish (Steve) caught 4 over 20 inches and many small ones, (small means "under 17"). I still think he should have landed one of two flounder at the PIER later.

The main baits we used were fresh shrimp or frozen shrimp. The fresh shrimp on the shelf were once frozen in 4-5 LB boxes. So they are the smae thing. I prefer frozen shrimp in the 4-5 LB boxes.

The big togs didn't give us warnings at all. There were no single of double tappings. We experienced just one quick messive pull. This resulted in cutting the line because the big tog was already settled in the deep crack or hole. I am wondering if a big chunk of a blue crab might make difference. The Big chunk of blue crab might force the big tog bite at least once (warning to us) before it took the bait and ran into a crack.

We were in 6-7' of water and the tog holes were 10-11' deep and 3-4' wide. I think there were two nice holes at the spot. Steve anchored perfectly so that he could fish both holes.

I added video later around 11:45 PM on May 7:

Last edited by ComeOnFish; 05-08-2014, 05:26 AM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Hell yeah Steve!
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Nice Tog Guys

Comment

Bowling Ball?
        Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Good news - Those are some great looking tog!

Bad news - You don't hear as many complainers, but the tautog are in much, much worse shape than Striped Bass. http://www.asmfc.org/species/tautog

They will be moving in for their upcoming spawn. You can tell the females (usually larger) from the males with a little experience. The males typically have a white chin and often a white spot on the side. The females' chins are usually beige/brown mottled and no spot. The males/females sometimes have different forehead structure. If you can get a healthy release, letting the roe-laden females go may help the future of this species.

Comment

Nice Tog guys! Wish I could make it back before end of the season, but not gonna happen....
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Nice work. I haven't fished for tog this year yet, so I may go out this weekend. I'll have to find my own hole that will produce more and bigger togs....lol....
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Beautiful fish!! I need to fish with you guys sometime...if you'll have me.
                Hobie Outback - Orange

Where Land Ends...Life Begins

Comment

*In Steve's voice* DAAANNNNGGGG!!!!! LOL Good fishing fellas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by M_Duong60 View Post
                    Bowling Ball?
                    No. This is a new hole. The new hole is between Bowling Ball and the bent (point). This is a good hole

joe
                    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

Just added the video Log featuring Steve to the first post of the thread.
                      I still smile when watching my own video log

Joe

Comment

Joe, thanks for the video. I just relived the moment when I watched it. That day was seriously once in a lifetime chance.

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
                        Just added the video Log featuring Steve to the first post of the thread.
                        I still smile when watching my own video log

Joe
                        Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Great vid!!
                          <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Great going Gents!

Classic big smile Seong! LOL

Did you use a wreck Anchor or tie to structure?

Sent using Tapatalk
                            -Mustafa
                            ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                            2016 Hobie Outback
                            2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                            "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Very well done! Those are some quality inshore tog!
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X