Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first 20 inch Cape Henlopen flounder & a bunch of tautog May 2, 2014

Mission Accomplished

I went Cape Henlopen State Park (DE) mainly for flounder on Friday I wanted to check if some flounder have made to the DE shore. The water temp was 53F, which was warmer than I thought.
    I planned to fish tog first. I thought I would be limited out on tog early in the morning. Then I would have several hours for flounder fishing.
    I did get limited out on tog early. But I fished for tog for a long time for some experiments.

It was very nice to meet two Snagged Liners. We fished together the most of time.

Later I fished for flounder alone. Dang! I dropped a flounder tackle box in the water when I reached the pier. I had only one 1/2oz white buck tail. I brought squid strips. My squid strips are long (7-8 inches) and thick. I bought a large Argentine squid at Lotte (Korean Grocery store). The squid strips were too thick (or the hook was too small) to but a Gulp Swimming Mullet and a squid strip together. So I put a squid strip only.

A 20 inch flounder hit the squid strip in 30 minutes. I talked with locals. They mentioned that they are catching undersized flounders but no keepers.

Well Tog season will close in a week for few weeks But flounder are coming in for sure

Additional notes: The dirt cheap Eagle Claw hooks (I mentioned before and on the video) worked great. They didn't get dull at all. I used 3/0 hooks for shrimp and 4/0 for large green crab chunks

Fishing Log:
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Nice fishing with you again Joe. Glad you got your flounder!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

+1
      was nice meeting and fishing with you joe

Comment

Nice work! I gotta get my yak out there soon.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Two thumbs up
          "Be like water my friend"

12 Hobie outfitter

Comment

Nice! Great to see the flounder are coming in!
            -Mustafa
            ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
            2016 Hobie Outback
            2012 Hobie Revolution 13
            "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

WTG Joe!
              GB

Comment

Thanks for the report Joe. As always, enjoyed the video. Do you prefer your Revo or your Outback?
                Hobie Outback - Orange

Where Land Ends...Life Begins

Comment

Thank you Dan!
                  I try hard to put some useful info as we all need info to maximize fishing pleasure.

Outback for togging only for now (CBBT, CHSP, Kipto)
                  Revo for all other purposes

Outback:
                  • Slower
                  • Make too much noise
                  • Doesn't track well
                  • Stable - Many times the kayak sits on the rocks When fishing close to rockpiles. This makes kayak very unstable when the waves hit the kayak
                  • fast turn - shorter kayak, good for structure fishing such as bridge pilings and rock piles out of the water
                  • I can stay longer right behind the bride column when current is stronger. I don't know how to explain

Revo:
                  • smoother/quiet ride
                  • Tracks better
                  • faster
                  • Lighter
                  • Good for trolling for striper, redfish, specks

Even though I am a small, REAL man, now I recommend Outback over Revo for anyone who fishes 40 + times a year in fresh and salt waters and can't afford two kayaks.

Just my opinion...
                  Last edited by ComeOnFish; 05-05-2014, 04:28 PM.
                  Fish like there's no tomorrow.
                  Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Nice breakdown! I did notice that my Outback tracks horribly without the rudder and fins in the water...reminds me of a barge.
                    Hobie Outback - Orange

Where Land Ends...Life Begins

Comment

Working...
                    X