thru-hull / deck fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thru-hull / deck fitting

Ok - all my fishfinder parts are ordered and on their way. Last step is to get a thru-hull / deck fitting so that I can run wires from the head unit down through the deck to the transducer & battery.

Looking around + doing searches multiple sites, I see only a couple of choices:
    Sea choice thru-hull cable fitting (about $10 ebay)
    &
    West Marine "wire cap" ($6/$8 - 20 miles from home)

There appear to be other things called "clams" and "wire seals" but...man...$20 seems awfully steep / overkill.

Right now, I'm leaning toward the sea choice fitting because it doesn't use screws like the west marine product.

Can anyone point me to a few other options I might want to consider.

FYI - whatever fitting I go w/ will be "backed up" by lexel. Thanks, Mark

the cheapest is probably a rubber stopper.

http://www.kayakfishingstuff.com/sto...Category_Code=

I have one of these that I bought from west marine
    Attached Files
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

what i did was drill a hole, pull the wire through, place a piece of duck tape under the hole from inside the yak, then gooped the hole flush with the boat. i think this is the cheapest, most water proof method. i'll post a pic in a bit.
      sigpic

Comment

goop plug
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

west marine has a thing called TH marine ceacap, 9 bux, trimmed mine down a little, need to drill a 3/4 hole but this is covered and siliconed, makes a nice clean job. needed to order one in only took 2 days no charge.

Comment

just want to let you know my "plug is still intact and going strong. might not look at pretty, but it works and cheap. i did see another method recently..i'll try and find the pics..
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X