First time out in Kayak 25-30 bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time out in Kayak 25-30 bass

Got a new sit in kayak a couple weeks ago and was able to test it out yesterday. I have only fished out of sit on kayaks a few times. I decided to test out fishing out of the new kayak, in no time I figured out how to keep a steady balance while fishing, fight the wind and move around easily. For the first time out I decided to go to a large private pond to get some practice before going to the keys this weekend. I launched off and my second cast produced the bigger of the two in the pictures. From then on it was non stop action for the next 3 hours , All fish but one were caught on "big bite" senko, dark brown color texas rigged. The fish would hit shortly after it hit bottom or on the way down. I fished right at the edge of the weeds making short casts. I ended up with 25-30 bass with nothing over 3.5 pounds, missed 5 or so more from reacting to quick to the bite (habit from jigging for stripers so much). The only one that wasn't caught off the senko was caught on a 5" rapala on the first cast,after 7 or so more cast with no luck I switched back. I tried topwater to see if I could have some fun but no takers. water was warmer then the air. It was just one of those nights where nothing you did was wrong. It was very nice out and made me really enjoy fishing out of my kayak. I head to the keys this weekend taking my kayak and boat. I am going to try to land a tarpon out of the kayak on the flats. will post a report when I return with pictures.
    Attached Files

That wasn't the fish tank at BPS was it?

I know a guy!
    Hurricane Skimmer 128
    WS Pamlico 100

Comment

BPS took me a sec, thought bps mmmm tank mmmm. Then ba ha ha ha ha. 1/2 glad u got out and had a great score. I'm still skunked except for my minnow :-(

Comment

Haha you caught me and For Brian thanks but you just have to keep getting out there

Comment

I hope my first time out goes as well as yours!! Will the weather gods ever let me fish????????

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Rocket View Post
            I hope my first time out goes as well as yours!! Will the weather gods ever let me fish????????
            This wx blows. We could put in in your koi pond and catch a few.
            Native Slayer 12
            Native Ultimate

Comment

Working...
            X