Loch Raven Reservoir Boat Permit INFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loch Raven Reservoir Boat Permit INFO

Just throwing out the launch permit info for LR. The permits go on sale this saturday the 26th at 6am at the Loch Raven Fishing Center off dulaney valley road in towson. The annual permit is 60$ and the annual permit plus boat storage at Loch Raven is $120 for the year. Plan on being there super early. I got there at 2am last year and there were about a dozen people in front of me. They generally only have between 50-75 new permits to sell each year so if you are interested in fishing loch raven on your yaks or jonboats plan on staying up late this friday night. Its a really fun fishery if you live close to Baltimore. Its going to be my go to spot when the bay gets blown out.
    Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

what about the "tiger muscles"
    ever fished tridelphia or rocky gorge
    good fishing all !
    go tandem or go alone !

Freefall Gemini Tandem

OK Prowler Trident 13 FINALLY in the water !
    a floating work in progress

Comment

you mean zebra mussels?

this was posted by memory maker about the zebra mussels and the reservoirs earlier.

Don't bother scrubbing after a bay jaunt ......... zebra mussels are fresh water only ............ the city pulled this BS over 20 years ago after the Great Lakes found them ....... back them some dumb@ss biologists predicted the demise of the Great Lakes because of them and there were problems with them clogging intake pipes .........

Just look at the Great Lakes now .......... cleanest water in centuries ....... don't hear much about the intakes being clogged much so I guess they fixed that too because the places around the great lakes seem to be thriving. It could be easily handled if they did get them but the City really doesn't want fishermen so they make it difficult .......... good thing is that if you go through the bull, you have a beautiful uncrowded almost private place to fish .......... and if you pay your dues to the lake, you could have some nice catches ..... but you really have to learn it ......

Truth is that the first Zebra mussel in the area was found in the Susquehanna in MD within the last couple of years. It has taken over 20 years to go from the Susquehanna in upper NY to here ......... I believe it's because of the water temps ........ zebra mussels thrive in cold water ...... Susky gets warm in the summer ....... but that's just my opinion ........
      Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

Yeah ........ the schzoid brainiacs and the City DPW outlawed bowhunting for Lions and Tigers and Bears (Oh my) about the same time ........

They figured the odds of bagging 1 was about the same as an electric powered reservoir rig bringing a Zebra mussel into the reservoir ..........

Comment

Do they still require you to sign paperwork stating that you will only use your kayak in Loch Raven?

I'd really like to be able to fish there since it is so close to me, but there's no way I'm giving up fishing on the bay or buying another yak....actually, I already have 2 but the one is too short for their rules

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
          Alan

Comment

Working...
          X