The Hunt for the Big One!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hunt for the Big One!!!!!

Yesterday, I hit up the bridge looking for the big girls. Got to Hemingways around noon and fished till about 5. No luck! Got the big skunkarooooo...... The water was very muddy, more so than usual but it was a nice calm day. You can see in the pictures how brown the water was. It was finally good to be back out there. I will try again next week. Hopefully I will have better luck. The guys from shore are having some pretty good luck so I might take a trip to SPSP this week after work.
    Attached Files
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Has the launch site been disturbed any by the construction?
    sigpic

Comment

the last parking near the curve where we usually launch is blocked off but you can still launch there. just have to walk a bit more.
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Ahhhhhh yes ........... in a Pro Angler ......

Muddy water ? ............. no ..... I won't mention brown trout ........ oops

I just about have my Flats baits selected .......... only going for the big girls ......... that is if I can get out with the right conditions ........ otherwise I'll miss another season ..........

Comment

Thanks for the update. That water looks like yoohoo.

What were you dragging that day? Parachute's?

Comment

yeah....single parachutes
            Hobie Revolution 13
            Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled Sardine View Post
              yeah....single parachutes
              Try a 21 Tony w/a piece of Gulp on the tail way back and a parachute w/9"shad on another rod short-medium behind .... darker colors will show up the best .............. w/water that brown you need vibration and smell and size ....... just my opinion

Also ........ it's usually the smaller males moving up this time of year ........

Hey Sam ....... were those stripers male or female?

Good Luck .........
              Last edited by Memory Maker; 03-21-2011, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                Try a 21 Tony w/a piece of Gulp on the tail way back and a parachute w/9"shad on another rod short-medium behind .... darker colors will show up the best .............. w/water that brown you need vibration and smell and size ....... just my opinion

Also ........ it's usually the smaller males moving up this time of year ........

Hey Sam ....... were those stripers male or female?

Good Luck .........
                water not so brown on the west side and i doubt its only the first 2'

the smaller ones in the 20s were male and the 38 and 32"er were female, fat and pretty

im a lazy guy i would either anchor or drift bws out by the lighthouse or if on that side fish closer to shore with jigs and bws Rick at warrens bait box tells me that people that live on the water on KI are picking them off from there docks with bws

Comment

Working...
                X