Beaverdam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaverdam

Fished Beaverdam Reservoir in Loudoun County Saturday afternoon. Caught six bass with one nice one about 5 pounds. Fish are still not spawning yet there. All of my fish came on a spinnerbait from rocks in shallow water. Forgot my thermometer so not sure of water temp but if I had to guess between 50-55. Fairly windy day and they had a crew race on the lake so it was a little noisy not sure if the noise affected the fishing. Did not go out in the kayak tried my new Sea Eagle Mean Green Fishing Machine. What a great little boat to fish out of. My Kayak days may be over. I have been kayak fishing for 14 years but am really liking my new boat. I will still kayak fish but not on reservoirs. Going to try Pohick next Saturday.

You had me pretty excited with the "Beaverdam" subject line. There is a Beaver Dam swim club at a flooded marble quarry in MD. There are tons of huge bass in there but they do not allow fishing, which is probably why there are tons of huge bass.
    Mike

Comment

BeaverDam in Loudoun is a tricky place you did great there. Hope to see you out there sometime I live right around the corner from there.

Comment

Originally posted by mweber02 View Post
        You had me pretty excited with the "Beaverdam" subject line. There is a Beaver Dam swim club at a flooded marble quarry in MD. There are tons of huge bass in there but they do not allow fishing, which is probably why there are tons of huge bass.
        Hey now, I grew up in Cockeysville back in the late '40s & '50s. My parents had a membership at Beaver Dam Quarry. They had a looong zipline there. That's were I learned to swim. And yeah, lots of nice fish in there. Now back to the subject of this thread.
        Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Congrats, that sounds like a pretty good day on Beaverdam Creek Reservoir. That place has a reputation as a tough nut to crack and with the North - South layout of the lake wind always seems to be an issue during a day of fishing.
          Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Working...
          X