Rocky Gorge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Gorge

Was out there yesterday for 10 hours. Got two bites on a jig but missed one of them. That cold front knocked the water temperature back 8-9 degrees and made for some tough fishing. Fortunately this one I did not miss:

This was the big one from the previous weekend, back on 04/12/14.

The bass are hanging around areas where they intend to spawn, so look for south facing shorelines with protection from a NW wind. The bass are looking for areas that have the warmest and the most stable water temperature. On Rocky Gorge wood cover also seems to be key.

I favor quiet, slow, bottom bumping presentations like jigs and big plastic worms when I am targeting big largemouth bass. I suspect that the bigger bass on a public reservoir (where they receive a fair amount of fishing pressure) are more likely to be fooled by a natural presentation.

Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

That's a nice fish. All but one of my fish (this weekend and last) were taken on a south facing shoreline. I like the looks of that jig.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Good job Dave, I was wondering how you made out on Saturday. You are consistently pulling up large bass wherever you go.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
        Good job Dave, I was wondering how you made out on Saturday. You are consistently pulling up large bass wherever you go.
        Thanks Tom, it was nice out there but wow I was beat after that day! I realized later I was actually on the water for 12 hours. My catch rate per hour is not so hot but that is okay with me if I can get one quality bass. I will miss this springs prespawn when it finally ends.
        Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Working...
        X