Fishing weather ups-downs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing weather ups-downs

What does everyone/anyone think the fishing will be like this weekend, since Mother Nature can't decide what season it is?
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
    What does everyone/anyone think the fishing will be like this weekend, since Mother Nature can't decide what season it is?

Since I'm going out, I will say the fishing will be stink. I plan on soaking some some hooks, getting some exercise in. If I catch something them it's a bonus. I'm only targeting catfish tomorrow. Lots of sitting and probably reading on my phone
    Hobie Outback
    Stand Up Paddle Board
    Pelican 100

Comment

We're going to hit the upper end of Tridelphia tomorrow, probably around noon or so. I have to go pick up Cowkid1 in Virginia first, she's been visiting a friend Korea over spring break. As soon as I get back from there, I'll get the kayak loaded up and Cowkid2 and I will be on our way.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
        We're going to hit the upper end of Tridelphia tomorrow, probably around noon or so. I have to go pick up Cowkid1 in Virginia first, she's been visiting a friend Korea over spring break. As soon as I get back from there, I'll get the kayak loaded up and Cowkid2 and I will be on our way.
        Awesome. Good luck. Did a year in Kunsan, a couple of weeks in Osan and Seoul when I was active duty. USAF.
        Hobie Outback
        Stand Up Paddle Board
        Pelican 100

Comment

I was at Osan for 5 years this most recent time, and 5 years the time before that. In between my 5-year short tours I was here for eight years. I'm sure we'll be back in Korea, just not sure when. My wife is Korean, this is the only place she's lived in the States.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by clm View Post
            Since I'm going out, I will say the fishing will be stink. I plan on soaking some some hooks, getting some exercise in. If I catch something them it's a bonus. I'm only targeting catfish tomorrow. Lots of sitting and probably reading on my phone
            Not much different in VA beach...I'll drift along and try to learn a thing or two!
            ​Ike

Cobra Fish & Dive

Comment

That was a lot of rain on Monday/Tuesday. Guessing the water will be heavily stained, especially the upper lake. Maybe fish shallower with brighter/louder baits? Should warm up in the afternoon, so it could be good...But I always think that I can't get out until the afternoon, also. Not sure if it will be Rocky Gorge or Triadelphia. Maybe I'll see you out there.
              John D.
              2015 Hobie Revolution 13
              GO RAVENS!!!
              GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deleonjo View Post
                That was a lot of rain on Monday/Tuesday. Guessing the water will be heavily stained, especially the upper lake. Maybe fish shallower with brighter/louder baits? Should warm up in the afternoon, so it could be good...But I always think that I can't get out until the afternoon, also. Not sure if it will be Rocky Gorge or Triadelphia. Maybe I'll see you out there.
                I was thinking the upper end of Tridelphia, because there's a lot of shallow flats type fishing. Getting ready to make the run to Virginia, be back in a couple/few hours. Hope to be on the way to fishing by noonish.
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

We made it to Tridelphia around 1pm, and fished for almost 5 hours. We put in at the upper end at the boat ramp off of Tridelphia Lake Road.

Only caught one fish, probably 2lbs? Didn't measure it. It put up a good fight on my ultralight spinning rod. I think this crazy weather has fish confused, they don't know if they're supposed to be getting ready for spawning or hibernating...definitely not in the on a feeding binge, but at least we didn't get skunked.

Lunch break.

Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

The water clarity was actually better today than it was last weekend. At the upper end where the Patuxent River comes in, the water was actually blue in the main channel.
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                    X