• in search of battery and charger for the depth finder/ gps

any info would be greatful

thanks

freefall tandem
    trident 13 in dry dock
    good fishing all !
    go tandem or go alone !

Freefall Gemini Tandem

OK Prowler Trident 13 FINALLY in the water !
    a floating work in progress

Battery and Charger

I got my charger at WalMart Automotive for $20- small compact motorcycle battery charger- got my battery at American hardware in Waldorf- small 12 volt wet cell re-chargable battery that is perfect for fish finders- it is also a battery that can be used for electric fences, etc.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I picked mine up from Cabela's. Most guys there use them for their hunting bait stations. Came with a charger.

Comment

Some of the fishing kayak shops online have the battery kits that include a box, a battery and a charger. I think I got mine from kayakfishingstuff.com. I am sure if you take a description of what you need to one of these battery warehouse type places they will fix you up. The batteries look remarkably like the ones in the electric start, push lawnmowers.

I noticed yesterday, at the store, that Garmin now makes a depth finder, the Echo 150, which looks to compete with the Piranha Max and the Lowerance model of similar shape. The screen on the Garmin looks sharper, must be more pixels. The screen is black and white, so it must have low battery consumption. I also noticed the Lowrance GPS/FF model, sorry I forgot the model number, is now on clearance, from $399 to $349. If anyone is in the market for a GPS/FF. Always helps to save a few bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
          Some of the fishing kayak shops online have the battery kits that include a box, a battery and a charger. I think I got mine from kayakfishingstuff.com. I am sure if you take a description of what you need to one of these battery warehouse type places they will fix you up. The batteries look remarkably like the ones in the electric start, push lawnmowers.

I noticed yesterday, at the store, that Garmin now makes a depth finder, the Echo 150, which looks to compete with the Piranha Max and the Lowerance model of similar shape. The screen on the Garmin looks sharper, must be more pixels. The screen is black and white, so it must have low battery consumption. I also noticed the Lowrance GPS/FF model, sorry I forgot the model number, is now on clearance, from $399 to $349. If anyone is in the market for a GPS/FF. Always helps to save a few bucks.
          Same story on saving a few bucks on the Hummingbird 570 DI I just bought- AnchorExpress.com had it for 272.00 plus $9.99 for shipping- they are located in Mass and I got mine two days later in Southern Maryland so don't spend the extra money on upgrading shipping-
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Thanks for the info research always before purchase.

Good Fishing Everyone!
            good fishing all !
            go tandem or go alone !

Freefall Gemini Tandem

OK Prowler Trident 13 FINALLY in the water !
            a floating work in progress

Comment

i got a 12v 7 amph batt. from BPS used for underwater video cameras with charger for 20 bucks plenty of juice for a color ff, i might charge it once a month during heavy use periods

Comment

I needed one right away, and got the battery and charger from Bass Pro Shop. You can get them cheaper if you search around, but I was in a rush.

Comment

If you guys are quick enough, a guy on Stripersonline has one w/waterproof box for $20 for sale

Comment

Working...
                  X