March fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March fish

best sick day ever got my skunk rinsed of today at spsp. got into some nice fish while fishing the point at spsp 3 rock in the 20s 1 about 37" maybe larger it put up a nice fight on my rebuilt 10' yard sale rod and okuma avenger 5000, good drag screaming as she fought coming in also 1 little wp. saw some guys in yaks by the bridge but couldnt make out who they were. i guess that the big on doesnt count for kayak warsheres some pix;
    Attached Files
    Last edited by surfdog; 03-18-2011, 08:05 PM.

Well done, sir. Those are some nice looking fish. They could've eaten all my March fish combined.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Good job Surf. You did better than we did on a creek off of the Severn. Now if we can only get you on your kayak....

Thanks for the report and the pics.

Comment

its getting there. i really wanted to have it out there today not a bad day on the bay a little wind early but it dropped down. had to run from the parking lot to the beach on the first one, i was setting up my new fly rod and sean the gut fishing next to me was yelling FISH ON HURRY so i high tailed to my rods and pulled it in, it always happens when im doing something else
        Last edited by surfdog; 03-18-2011, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Way to go, Surf! NICE fish there!!! Going to try for my March fish this weekend for sure!

Comment

come get some, it only gets better till 4-16 then there out of range and the boat traffic is crazy.

Comment

Congrats great fish,

Comment

NICE! WTG Man!

Comment

Nice Fish .. GREAT SICK DAY!!!!

Comment

That's good news.The stripers are moving up the bay.
                    What did you get them on?

I spent some time at one of my favorite fishing spots yesterday and got my march fish as well. A nice 2.5 lb bass. It was the only fish I got that day despite a lot of effort. It came on a powerbait blade dancer which is something I decided to buy on a whim. It's basically a jig/chatter bait. I liked how I could fish it in some really tough cover. I'll be using this lure again.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                    Kokatat Pro Staff
                    Torqeedo Pro Staff
                    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                    Alan

Comment

Good job !!!!!!!

Comment

Awesome fish!

Comment

Got my March fish this morning. A 16" Rockfish. Nothing to write home about but I've caught some fish in each month of 2011. Cool challenge!

Comment

yak fish bloodworms are the go to bait this time of year. nice job on the lmb.
                            nice john where did you fish?

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
                              yak fish bloodworms are the go to bait this time of year. nice job on the lmb.
                              nice john where did you fish?
                              I fished at one of my favorite places to fish is a quarry near Mariner Point near the Gunpowder. There's a lot of species in there. I've even caught a baby striper once. There's also a nice mix of cover, deep/shallow water, points and drop offs. It also really nice for a kayak because it's small and pretty well protect even though it seems like the wind is always blowing you. It gives opportunities to try different things during different days and conditions. The biggest problem with this place is that it's a little tricky to get to.

With the blood worms, do you let them sit on the bottom or from a float? It seems weird that you could catch such a big fish on a little worm. I always thought guys were using the bloods to catch small fish that they use for bait.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                              Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                              Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                              Kokatat Pro Staff
                              Torqeedo Pro Staff
                              Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                              Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X