Black hills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black hills

My nephew and I had a little bit of time to get out and fish today. It's still to cold to take the yaks out and we only had an hour to fish anyways. My first cast of the day I land a nice size bass on a black and red spinnerbait. After my nephew saw that fish I gave him the lure and told him to cast around the logs and slow roll it. Well 5mins later he had a big bass of his own! It was so great to get such quality fish in such a short window we had to fish. It seems as if the fish at black hills are in transition and moving up from the deeper water into the outer edges of the lake. Hope everyone is having as much fun as we had out today. Yes my fish is skinnier and he swam off just fine, but we did notice one of his eyes was damaged.
    Attached Files
    Tan-Tarpon 140
    Lime-Pelican Matrix
    Yellow-Scrambler XT

Nice looking fish. I've always had a difficult time catching lmbass this early in the spring. Did you see many boats on the lake???
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

From where we were fishing I didn't see anyone. The wind was blowing pretty good today, so it probably kept a lot of boaters off the water.
      Tan-Tarpon 140
      Lime-Pelican Matrix
      Yellow-Scrambler XT

Comment

congrats! those are some great looking largemouths
        Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Nice Bass ! Congrats !
          John

Wilderness Tarpon

Comment

Nice Job!
            2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Nice fish! Looks like I may pay Black Hills a visit this weekend.

Comment

Working...
              X