2014 Event #1 Pre-Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Event #1 Pre-Info

Can't wait for the series to get underway!!! April 26th, 2014 at Mattawoman Creek - Slavins Boat Ramp

Entry Fee: $20 Cash Only (10% donated to HOW-MD, 10% to Angler of the Year Fund)

Registration Starts: 6am
    Review of the rules: 6:50am
    Shotgun Launch: 7am

Must be in line to check in fish by 2:30pm
    Results: 3pm

Prizes/Payout:

1st Place - 50%
    2nd Place - 30%
    3rd Place - 20%

Top 10 places will receive angler of the year points. And Big Bass winner will receive (2) additional AOTY points.

Yeti Cooler Raffle ticket sales will also be available in person at each of the first 4 events for those that may not want to do so online.
    $5 each
    $12 for 3

This first event was the most heavily contested last year as the winner was decided by the tie-breaker!! We look to surpass last years participation of 34 anglers at the opening event. This year I think it will take over 50" for 3 fish to take home the win and the cash!

The Big Bass winner will take home either a Lure package or gift certificate from Kanan Lures valued at around $100!!!

There will also be some other prizes from Yak Attack that will be given away.

Remember: The Hawg Trough or Plano Bump Board are the only OFFICIAL measuring boards of the tournament series. Other measuring devices will not count. (We will be moving to Hawg Trough ONLY in 2015)

For more info and complete rules http://thehobielife.blogspot.com/p/m...ng-series.html

This will be my first ever tournament and I honestly cannot wait!. It has been awhile since I have fished for Bass and I look forward to finally meeting some snagged line members. All in all im sure it will be a great time on the water.

Comment

This just in!!!!

Since our series benefits Heroes on the Water Maryland Chapter we thought it would only be fitting that everyone competing for the Angler of the Year crown will also be trying to take home the Custom 2014 AOTY Military Dog Tags as their trophy!! The tags will be on display at the first event 4/26/14

Comment

We can register at the ramp 6am correct? No pre-register required? Still contemplating on wether i should compete or not.
        Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
        -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
        -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspratt View Post
          We can register at the ramp 6am correct? No pre-register required? Still contemplating on wether i should compete or not.
          Register the day of... You should definitely compete should be a great turn out!!!

Comment

My buddy is interested in fishing this event, was wondering if canoes could enter this event
            Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
            -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole

Comment

My buddy is interested in fishing this event, was wondering if canoes could enter this event
              We have allowed Canoes this year.... Kayaks, canoes and paddleboards are eligible. Electric motors are allowed. We look at it as more competition and more money raised for HOW.

I'm thinking about doing an OPEN event in the fall (not to count for the series), that will allow any form of boat to enter as well as long they only use trolling motor.

Comment

Ok thanks for the reply, are two anglers allowed to fish in one vessel? Im thinking since they have to take pics of there own fish it wouldnt be a problem but i dont want to tell him that and not be 100% sure.
                Jason

Comment

Ok thanks for the reply, are two anglers allowed to fish in one vessel? Im thinking since they have to take pics of there own fish it wouldnt be a problem but i dont want to tell him that and not be 100% sure.
                  Sure, Each will pay individually. Also, they must have separate cameras/phones for pictures and they will have their own identifier. Remember they are also required to either have the hawg trough or the plano bump board.

Comment

I think I may be making an appearance here
                    Zach Moore
                    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                    Bait Towel Pro Staff
                    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Looking like its going to be a beautiful day for the event!

Comment

Newbie here...really excited for my first tournament this weekend!!!!

Just read the rules and it sounds like I bought a non-sanctioned fish ruler last weekend and am scrambling to find a Hawg Trough or Plano Bump Board. Dicks doesn't have them on their website, so I am wondering where the best place is to find one? Anyone sell stuff like this at the event? I need 2 since it will be both my son and I.

Jeff

Comment

jeff i have seen the planos at walmart and bass pro got my hawg trough from hook1
                          D Hawk
                          Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
                          Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

Ordered mine from Hook1 as well, have not seen any at Gander Mountain or Walmart on the eastern shore though.

Comment

I know that Alltackle in Annapolis had the plano bump board when I was there last.

Comment

Working...
                              X