rainy day on the gunpowder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rainy day on the gunpowder

Headed out of mariner point park on the gunpowder looking for some pickerel. The rain was on and off but never pouring and I was able to find my first fish from a new yak. I trolled up these two on a trusty pickerel lure, a bombr crankbait, making my way slowly along the shoreline. ~18" pickerel and ~13" LMB
    14.3.28GunpowderPickerel.jpg 14.3.28GunpowderPick.jpg 14.3.28GunpowderLMB.jpg

Nice, didnt know there were many pickerel in there
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Nice Job. Thinking about trying to beat the rain tomorrow morning there and try out my new trolling motor mount and do a little fishin. Did you stay close to the launch or head back towards the quarry?
      2013 PRO ANGLER 12
      2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Thanks, I know a few places to find them and I usually go back towards the quarry

Comment

Yah, I've never known pickeral to be back there and I've fished there quite a bit.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
          Alan

Comment

Nice pickerel. Ive never seen one there myself. Ive even had a catfish hit a 1/2oz spinnerbait there but never a pickerel.
            Mike

Comment

I have never had any consistent luck finding them day after day but I know they are in the quarry at least some of the time. I went out again today and couldn't find anything.

Comment

I caught my 1st and only pickeral in the quarry last year. Hoping to find more this season.
                2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Went back today, Tuesday(4/1). The water was high and fast but I was able to find another pickerel ~17''. A bit of an injury on his side but he seemed healed up and just fine.

14.4.1GunpowderPickerel.jpg
                  Last edited by corey866; 04-01-2014, 08:47 PM.

Comment

​fify.
                    Originally posted by corey866 View Post
                    went back today, Tuesday (4/1). The water was high and fast but i was able to find another pickerel ~17''. A bit of an injury on his side but he seemed healed up and just fine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11299[/ATTACH]
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                    X