• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to fish outside of Maryland

I want to fish outside of Maryland...
    sigpic

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
    I want to fish outside of Maryland...
    give jersey a shot... you could launch out of fortescue and catch flounder.

Comment

ive actually never fished the open shore by kayak. Bay, rivers, and lakes only so far.

i hope to expand this year though

my brother lives in ft lauderdale so i wan tto try and fish there and the keys this year, in addition to AI or OC. If i'm lucky, i'll get VA and DE too

I'll be in NH later ths year, but will probably be from shore fishing lake water.
      sigpic

Comment

ive actually never fished the open shore by kayak. Bay, rivers, and lakes only so far.

my brother lives in ft lauderdale so i wan tto try and fish there and the keys this year, in addition to AI or OC. If i'm lucky, i'll get VA and DE too
        well fortescue isnt the open shore... its the deleware bay. with the new trident I will definately be trying out some surf launches this yearh. now that I can protect my gear. I went to OC last year but fished the bay under the AI bridge for flounder and came up with a single short.

Comment

I'd love to make a couple trips to OC or AI this year....
          Digital Livewell

Comment

Originally posted by the_kegs View Post
            I'd love to make a couple trips to OC or AI this year....
            AI? ....... I know OI - Oregon Inlet and IR - Indian River Inlet and CBBT - Chesapeake Bay Bridge tunnel but not AI .....

Second thought ........ that must be Assateague Island

Comment

I'm up for different places up and down the east coast ......... Rhode Island and Cape Cod look great .........

Comment

I'll be in NH later ths year, but will probably be from shore fishing lake water.

I fished with a guide that lives on the river that runs through FT Lauderdale. Way up river, his kids troll for tarpon using large crankbaits. Recently, I watched on TV as some fisherman were trolling live mullet for tarpon on the river. Its the one that runs right through the city. I think it might be the New River or something like that. Anyway it is kind of neat way up the river. Even along the inner coastal waterway, there is good fishing. When we used to walk across the bridges, at night, you could see the snook in the water below the bridges, lighted by the street lights. I have done a little flats fishing, when we go on vacation. Mostly, I have gone off shore and/or bass fishing. Next time we go on vacation to Florida, the kayak goes with me.

Comment

the airline charge too much to ship a yak i wanted to rent a kayak at the resort we stayed at in the cayman ils. but hurricane richard formed over the island and threw a wrench into the fishing that week

DE around chsp is great (when the water is clear) also at IRI and Roosevelt inlet/ lewes canal for flounder and rock.

looking to get something together for last weekend in april for wachapreque flounder

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
                    the airline charge too much to ship a yak i wanted to rent a kayak at the resort we stayed at in the cayman ils. but hurricane richard formed over the island and threw a wrench into the fishing that week

DE around chsp is great (when the water is clear) also at IRI and Roosevelt inlet/ lewes canal for flounder and rock.

looking to get something together for last weekend in april for wachapreque flounder
                    Sam ........ we need to get together for a Delaware trip ........

Comment

sounds good, May is pretty good for Lewes and june is good for chsp

Comment

Last year we fished the Canadian hole behind Cape Hatteras, lots of spotted sea trout and a few small reds in the holes (dredged for building the road) . The ocean was too rough to try in the yak. We were there in late august. There is also a free shower, toilet and changing rooms at this site (National Park)there is also camping at Oregon Inlet and Hatteras piont

We also fished the back bay just inside IRI DE to the south there is a slough there, the flounder were thick but all to small to keep. Launch at the VFW on the south side of the bay. camping here is at the IRI inlet state park or the Cape henlopen state park

The best place we found for flounder was the ICW at stone harbor NJ just to the south of townsend inlet. The keeper ratio was 1 keeper to 6 TB's. Every time We went the flounder were bitting but only on an incoming tide when the water was clear. Launch under the bridge leading into Stone Harbor go across the channel turn north for about 200 yards and start fishing.

All of these places are with in a 10 minute paddle of the launch site. The Canadian hole and the NJ area were within 200 yards of the launch site

Comment

I have a good connection in FL on the St Marks River
                          '12 Ocean Kayak Prowler trident 13 Orange
                          '09 Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Red
                          Kayak Fishing Mafia

-Both fish and men are often caught with artificial's-

Comment

Originally posted by plastic boat View Post
                            Last year we fished the Canadian hole behind Cape Hatteras, lots of spotted sea trout and a few small reds in the holes (dredged for building the road) . The ocean was too rough to try in the yak. We were there in late august. There is also a free shower, toilet and changing rooms at this site (National Park)there is also camping at Oregon Inlet and Hatteras piont

We also fished the back bay just inside IRI DE to the south there is a slough there, the flounder were thick but all to small to keep. Launch at the VFW on the south side of the bay. camping here is at the IRI inlet state park or the Cape henlopen state park

The best place we found for flounder was the ICW at stone harbor NJ just to the south of townsend inlet. The keeper ratio was 1 keeper to 6 TB's. Every time We went the flounder were bitting but only on an incoming tide when the water was clear. Launch under the bridge leading into Stone Harbor go across the channel turn north for about 200 yards and start fishing.

All of these places are with in a 10 minute paddle of the launch site. The Canadian hole and the NJ area were within 200 yards of the launch site
                            Plastic... let us know when you want to make the trip!!!
                            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Myrtle Beach

Great thread-
                              I have a week long trip scheduled for May 31- June 5th to Myrtle Beach- right now I am planning to drive down and bring my 13 Prowler Angler- Black River Kayaks rents the Jackson Coosa fishing kayaks for a reasonable price- $40 a day for the first day and $30 every day after- so my plans may change, but probably not. It is about a seven hour drive from my house (with wife and Daughter) and it will be a good experience for me to take my equipment long distance. May-June is great beach weather in this part of South Carolina, so I expect the fish to be cooperative.
                              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                              X