Cunningham Falls... why they are not open to kayaks yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cunningham Falls... why they are not open to kayaks yet

I called the park office today on the off chance they might allow kayaks out now that most of the lake is iced out. Their explanation was very professional and made a lot of sense.

Even though we could carry the kayaks down to the the shoreline where we could put in the rangers can't get rescue craft into the water in case of an emergency. Makes perfect sense. I'm glad they explained it and after my query. Sometimes just being friendly (from both sides) goes a long way towards generating good will both ways.

They said next week looks good for it opening up. But it might be accessible as early as this weekend if conditions are just right.

But for those of us with families its good to know that the playground, picnic areas and grills are already open. So if it does open up this weekend I know where I might end up.

Makes sense to me too. Do you know if fishing from shore is allowed now? I bet you could catch almost as much from shore as you could from a kayak. Various spinners should do the trick. To get spinners down deep enough you might have to attach a big split-shot above the spinner.
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Working...
    X