Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cunningham Falls this Thursday or Friday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cunningham Falls this Thursday or Friday...

I need to call the rangers' office to see what the ice conditions are at the lake... But if its clear does anyone want to drive up to Cunningham Falls for some trout fishing on Thursday or Friday, weather permitting?

I drive a Wrangler so it's kind of expensive to go alone. But I have an old M100 trailer that I can put another yak on and any gear you want to bring.

More than a 1,000 trout were stocked about two weeks ago, but have been iced over since then. So they should be pretty hungry by now.

PM me if you are interested.

I called and got a recording. I can't make it up until Saturday but I would love to hear a report back if you make it. I will keep trying the phone and let you knwo what I hear.
    2000 Old Town Loon 138T
    2013 Field and Stream Eagle Talon

Comment

Just got through. Still frozen and no fishing this week or weekend.
      2000 Old Town Loon 138T

Comment

If I understand the DNR Facebook page they have just stocked the lake again... Hopefully it melts fast... Or I'm going to figure a way to tie down a propane tank and attach one of those giant propane torches that you use to heat large areas of asphalt or kill weeds with to the front of my yak and melt a channel out to the middle to fish in.

Comment

I am gonna keep on them. Might even take the boys out for a night camping there and be ready to fish at dawn.
          2000 Old Town Loon 138T

Comment

I checked the calendar and sure enough... They have stocked twice so far and its been un-fishable to date... that means 2,400 hungry mouths swimming in circles waiting for someone to drown a worm.

Comment

Originally posted by Mmacro View Post
              I checked the calendar and sure enough... They have stocked twice so far and its been un-fishable to date... that means 2,400 hungry mouths swimming in circles waiting for someone to drown a worm.
              I hope they open for next weekend but it does not seem like a lock. Although the Weather for Frederick is in the 70's from to Wednesday.
              2000 Old Town Loon 138T

Comment

I thought the boat ramp across from the park/picnic areas is open access... not part of the "park proper" and should be open even if the toilets, playground, etc... is still seasonally closed.

Comment

I stopped in Cunningham Falls Lake today, March 25, 2014, @ 2:30pm. The lake is 2/3rds ice free. Unfortunately the 1/3rd of the lake that is still iced over is located tight to the ramp and fishing pier. It's so tight at the ramp that you couldn't launch a wine bottle there. In spite of 3" of new snow on my back yard, I'd hazard a guess that all of the lake might be ice free within the week (knock on wood).

The lake is ice free all along the face of the dam. Also the entire far side of the lake were the swimming beaches are is completely open from the dam all the way to the upper feeder stream. The pay to enter road was gated closed.
                  Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Sounds like I may hazard a drive up there Thursday to fish. I’ll bring an axe handle to solve any ice issues at the boat ramp.

Comment

Working...
                    X