Surf Fishing Pensacola, FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Fishing Pensacola, FL

I have been on temporary duty down in Pensacola, FL enroute to my new duty station (Hawaii) and have been hitting up the surf as much as possible since my Yak is in my Household Goods. Was down to Ft. Pickens this morning around 7am, it was extremely foggy and slow until about 1030-11. Brought up this nice pompano (my first one) on a pompano rigged with shrimp.

P-Cola 017.jpg

About 30 minutes later my rod started twitching again so I set the hook and to my surprise it was a double!

P-Cola 016.jpg

I didn't get a length or weight on the first one but it was definitely good size compared to the smaller two I caught.

The Pompano were extremely fast and put up a really good fight on light tackle, what a blast!
    Jeff B
    Perception Sport 12.5 Caster

Those are good eats! My folks lived in Pensacola for years back in the eighties. That's a fun area. Lot's of good food drink places, and good fishing from Gulf Shores Al to Destin. I used to catch trout right on shore in the NAS. I don't remember the exact spot but I remember giant concrete docks and seawalls in the area.
    Hurricane Skimmer 128
    WS Pamlico 100

Comment

That's over behind the port side complex. I checked it out the other day and it looks pretty fishy. Pensacola is definitely an awesome fishing area I wish I was going to be here longer because the water is just starting to warm up. I guess I'll just have to settle for fishing in Oahu.
      Jeff B
      Perception Sport 12.5 Caster

Comment

Originally posted by beerums View Post
        I have been on temporary duty down in Pensacola, FL enroute to my new duty station (Hawaii) and have been hitting up the surf as much as possible since my Yak is in my Household Goods. Was down to Ft. Pickens this morning around 7am, it was extremely foggy and slow until about 1030-11. Brought up this nice pompano (my first one) on a pompano rigged with shrimp.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11246[/ATTACH]

About 30 minutes later my rod started twitching again so I set the hook and to my surprise it was a double!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11247[/ATTACH]

I didn't get a length or weight on the first one but it was definitely good size compared to the smaller two I caught.

The Pompano were extremely fast and put up a really good fight on light tackle, what a blast!

I lived in Pensacola for four years while I was in Bible college. Had some great fishing times on the old 3 mile bridge.
        Mike

"But by the grace of God I am what I am..." - I Cor. 15:10
        Native Watercraft Slayer Propel - Cooperhead

Comment

Working...
        X