Centennial Lake 03/16/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centennial Lake 03/16/2014

Centennial Lake was free of ice and open to boats this past Sunday, so it was a good day. Water temps ranged from 42.5 (lower end) to 45.2 (upper end). Worked the whole lake, and was happy to catch 2 (15", 15.25"). The bites came within 20min of each other and both in the same specific dimple on the bottom at 22ft. The second one had a big tail like a smallmouth and fought well for a cold fish.

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg
    John D.
    2015 Hobie Revolution 13
    GO RAVENS!!!
    GO ORIOLES!!!

Not bad. Nice job finding them in deep, cold water.
    Hurricane Skimmer 128
    WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Nice! I drove past Centennial yesterday, but didn't get a good look at the water to see if it was ice covered. Keep up the reports and photos! What presentation did the bass take?

Comment

DanMarino-The water was cold so I figured I'd go slow. Both were taken vertical jigging with a Silver Buddy (1/2 oz???). Relied heavily on the sonar/GPS to find the spots. Lots of snags, too. The plug knocker has more than paid for itself. Tried a suspending Jerkbait, and a lipless crank...but no bites. Fish didn't seem willing to move very far to eat this day. Saw your report about WSSC opening. Man, that makes me happy!!!
        John D.
        2015 Hobie Revolution 13
        GO RAVENS!!!
        GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

How is the bass fishing there in general? I fished it once and had a hard time. We managed to locate a ton of small crappie which saved the day.
          Native Slayer 12
          Native Ultimate

Comment

Nice Job!
            2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Your LM bass catches are even more impressive when you factor in that we received a lot snow later that day.

I bet that doesn't happen often to most of us.

Congratulations.
              Mark
              Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
              Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
              Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Nice job! Thanks for pushing me to get out there even while its cold. Just FYI, the 2nd bass could have been a spotted bass. I've noticed that when I get a bass that fights hard but winds up being smaller than I thought, I'll check the mouth size and tongue and more often than not it's a spotted bass. Like smallmouth, they seem to fight a little harder than their largemouth cousins.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Mike; 03-18-2014, 04:15 PM. Reason: Swapped out bad pics
                Mike
                Feelfree Lure 11.5
                Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

Good report.
                  I live near Centennial, but haven't fished it much recently. When the weather gets nice, it gets too crowded there, then the hydrilla matts up….
                  About the bass coloration: very clear, cold water often causes bass to get bright, pre spawn colors. But they are not Spotted bass, just largemouths with vivid colors.

Comment

Working...
                  X