My personal best Chain Pickeral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My personal best Chain Pickeral

I haven't been on this site in a while decided to share my recent fishing trip pictures. With my work schedule conflicts my fishing for last year had been placed on hold. I decided to take a trip to one of my favorite spots on Eastern Shore Maryland. Had a fun and relaxing day catching with Chain Pickeral and Largemouths on Confidence Baits Floating Birds, all fish were caught from shore. Also the 22" Chain Pickeral was my personal best, all fish released to be caught another day. Good luck to all this spring!

17inchpickeral.jpg19inch pickeral.jpg20.5inchpickeral.jpg22inchpickeral1.jpg22inch pickeral.jpg14inchlm.jpg13.5inchlm.jpg11.5inchlm.jpg
    Last edited by AmberjackYakin; 03-17-2014, 02:12 PM.

nice outing
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Good job! The 22 is a nice fish.
      Hurricane Skimmer 128
      WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Thanks All

Comment

Nice looking pics. This dang winter has me hanging out close to home... VERY close to home...and I really missing my winter trips to catch pickerel on the Magothy.

BTW, Is that some sort of modified worm hook that's in the 5th picture??? I think I'm seeing a small addition to the hook right behind the eye.
          Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Originally posted by HJS View Post
            Nice looking pics. This dang winter has me hanging out close to home... VERY close to home...and I really missing my winter trips to catch pickerel on the Magothy.

BTW, Is that some sort of modified worm hook that's in the 5th picture??? I think I'm seeing a small addition to the hook right behind the eye.

The modified worm hook is a Draggin' Head 1/8 oz Regular, I get them from confidencebaits.net. Their great and can attach any plastic bait, I prefer to use plastic crawfish lookalikes, or floating bird(confidencebaits), or worm. I usually use them for smallmouths on Upper Potomac, but I've caught my first muskie, walleye, largemouth, crappie, sunfish, stripers(with a 7 inch floating plastic eel), hell even caught a salamander last year haha. I recommend checking them out, it's the hooks I use most without any worries of snagging(weedless) and perfect to get that extra distance when casting.

20140326_121355.jpg20140326_121421.jpg

Comment

Amberjack - Thanks for getting back. That set-up looks like it should work well. Only in the past couple of years have I started using various plastic worms for bass and pickerel. My favorites are the curlytailed and flat-tailed worms rigged weedless. Only problem is, after a few fish the worm starts sliding down the hook and bunched up at the bend of the hook and therefore totally covering up the hook point.

My solution was to glue a sequins at the critical spot on the hook to keep the plastic lure from sliding down. I'd first tie on a base of thread plus a little hump of thread to help hold the sequins in place. I then use 2-part epoxy to glue it all together. Works great. Plastic baits last 2X-3X longer. Only problem is I must retie the line to the hook when I need to place a damaged lure. No big deal, takes me less than a minute to tie on a new lure. Here's a pic that might help explain what I do.

Sequins & Hook.JPG
              Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Working...
              X