Put and take trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put and take trout

Launched at 9:30 Saturday morning at Wheatly Lake....slow day fishing...water was 44.6 degrees and the winds were a bit blustery, but as the sun came out fishing picked up. I caught my first keeper Rainbow at 11:30...then the LM bass started to hit...I was fishing UL spinning tackle, so everything gave a good fight. I packed up at 2:30 headed home with a stringer of five rainbows...water temp was 46 when I left. Had fresh trout for supper last night...it was good to put some miles on the Ugly Duckling and get out on the water...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Great job. I've never had any luck there except for bass and the small bream for my daughter. I know they stock it, but the trout there must be boycotting me. I will hit costa park though with spinners on the far side and get my limit quickly. May have to try Wheatley again since you've woke them up.
    Hobie Outback
    Stand Up Paddle Board
    Pelican 100

Comment

Nice! What did you use? I've caught a lot of trout wading the streams but not many from my kayak.
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Panther and Blue Fox spinners

Comment

I went back today to Wheatley Lake and met up with Bill and Kevin...I didn't bring my stringer and my battery leads were not working on my Lowrance Elite 5 DSI fish finder...I hadn't really planned on going- it was a spur of the moment decision to go, but that is the nice thing about kayak fishing- grab it and go. Bill was really in the zone today, but we all limited out with five trout each and were back at the dock loading up headed home by 1:30
          Last edited by ronaultmtd; 03-16-2014, 05:36 PM.

Comment

yeah Ron was GREAT fishing with you again. Like a dummy I posted my report in the Maryland section.
            I'll let you when i am able to fish again...if ur in town
            14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
            2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
            X