Getting my WSSC license tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting my WSSC license tonight.

My son and I drove over Brighton Dam yesterday before sunset and it looks like most of the ice is now gone. So I hope that Rocky Gorge and Triadelphia will open up for fishing tomorrow, 3/15/14.
    If everything goes well with the WSSC website, I'll purchase my season permit tonight.
    Then, if I get a chance I'll hit one of the reservoirs on Saturday afternoon.

Anyone else going to get a WSSC permit this year?

I will be getting one also. We should connect up some tmie.
    ---------------------------------
    Mike Hossom
    Olive Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

I'll be getting mine. Can you get them online? I didn;t know that. I thought the only way was to go to the office at Brighton. I wish they had some type of a guest pass you could buy so you could take someone with you without having to go to office.
      Hurricane Skimmer 128
      WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Yes, you can get them through their web site including single day passes.
        ---------------------------------
        Mike Hossom
        Olive Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

WSSC even has nice app for the iPhone. You can purchase 1 day or season passes with it. Asked one of the WSSC police last season and he said that you can just show them the permit on your phone instead of carrying around a paper copy.
          John D.
          2015 Hobie Revolution 13
          GO RAVENS!!!
          GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

Bad news. WSSC opening delayed. http://www.wsscwater.com/home/jsp/mi...014-03-14.html
            John D.
            2015 Hobie Revolution 13
            GO RAVENS!!!
            GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

Rats! I was set to go this afternoon.

Comment

If you buy the season pass, can you take other people with you without them buying a day pass. I will be using a boat this year instead of a Yak, so I will have room for 1 or 2 extras.

Comment

Yes people can be on your boat and fish without a permit if you have one. Individual kayakers each need their own permit.

Comment

I'll be getting a season pass this year too. Got one every year when I was here before.
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

Went cycling today and our route took us by Triadelphia. The Big Branch cove on Triadelphia Mills road was still about 2/3 ice covered. Might try Centennial tomorrow. Didn't see any ice on it. Anyone know if Centennial is open? Suffering from severe kayak fishing withdrawal.
                      John D.
                      2015 Hobie Revolution 13
                      GO RAVENS!!!
                      GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

I am planning to get a permit too. It will be my 1st time fishing these 2 reservoirs. Perhaps, we can fish together this year?

Comment

I'd be up for some Triadelphia or Rocky Gorge coordinated trips. I'll even show you guys my secret technique to avoid getting skunked at Triadelphia.

Comment

I called the WSSC help line and apparently both Rocky Gorge and Triadelphia are now open for fishing.

Comment

I normally just get a day's pass as needed. Let me know when you guys go and I'll try to join you since I'm right around the corner from Tiradephia.

Outback 2015
                              Maui

Comment

Working...
                              X