Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

Hey all,

My name is Kurt and I am not a kayak fisherman--yet.

I did have the opportunity to get out for the first time kayak fishing a couple weekends ago and it was a fun time. I have a lot to learn, but have some good friends willing to help out and hopefully more I can meet on this board.

I have had 3 boats so far, the last of which was an offshore rigged 24 Blackfin with twin diesels I hated parting with. But it was a big boat and a lot to maintain. Kayaks seem so much more portable.

I'm located about 5 minutes from Chesapeake Beach MD, in Owings.

Hope to learn a lot here.

Kurt

Cool man. I fish out of Chesapeake Beach all the time I work at Rod N Reel Tackle shop so I put in there a bunch. we'll have to meet up sometime.

Comment

hey joker. i'm like you had 3 boats, 16' MFG, 21" Mach1 and a 16' Fountain cc and i have more fun in a kayak than any of them. i wish they had these type of kayaks 35 years ago i could have saved a lot of money!

Comment

My co-worker is always bugging me to go out on his boat but I keep turning him down to go yak fishing. Its so much more fun. I catch more fish on the kayak than on his boat...for some reason I always end up getting skunked on his boat.
        Hobie Revolution 13
        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

my girlfriends father has a boat which i have access to and take out every once in a while and i still prefer to fish from the kayak! only reason i go out on the boat is to spend quality time with her. kayak fishing really is great!

welcome to the community!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Joker View Post
            Hey all,

My name is Kurt and I am not a kayak fisherman--yet.

I did have the opportunity to get out for the first time kayak fishing a couple weekends ago and it was a fun time. I have a lot to learn, but have some good friends willing to help out and hopefully more I can meet on this board.

I have had 3 boats so far, the last of which was an offshore rigged 24 Blackfin with twin diesels I hated parting with. But it was a big boat and a lot to maintain. Kayaks seem so much more portable.

I'm located about 5 minutes from Chesapeake Beach MD, in Owings.

Hope to learn a lot here.

Kurt
            BF is an awesome boat...nothing like being offshore.
            that said, getting out in a yak is very Zen like...back to basics..

I've fished the mid-Bay a lot (in a CC), it would be fun to hit shallow areas in a yak, let me know, am game

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
              Cool man. I fish out of Chesapeake Beach all the time I work at Rod N Reel Tackle shop so I put in there a bunch. we'll have to meet up sometime.
              Sounds good. First I have to get a kayak. When I went out with my buddies we launched from Marine West. Great deal and was able to park the truck right by where we put in.

Kurt

Comment

Originally posted by bluto View Post
                BF is an awesome boat...nothing like being offshore.
                that said, getting out in a yak is very Zen like...back to basics..

I've fished the mid-Bay a lot (in a CC), it would be fun to hit shallow areas in a yak, let me know, am game
                There are a lot of times I really miss that boat. Bay or ocean fishing it was the softest riding hull I've ever been on.

The shallow stuff is what I really want to work on with a kayak. Especially areas like the lower eastern shore, Pamlico sound, etc.

Right now I'm just starting into researching what kayaks are out and what interests me.

Heading to Hatteras in mid-Sept for a week, am going to rent a kayak and hit some of the holes in Pamlico sound.

Comment

southern eastern shore is cool, went to Janes Island on the Tangier sound last sat. nice place and good fishing, buddy i fish with has been hitting Hoopers Isl area and he picked up a 22" rock on thursday at the 2nd bridge.

Comment

Working...
                  X