Centennial Lake on 2/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centennial Lake on 2/22

I was throwing around some ideas of where to fish tomorrow, and I thought about Centennial. Anyone know how the ice conditions are? I may drive by after work to see for myself. If its clear of ice (or not very thick) anyone care to join?

SEE BELOW, HEADED TO OCCOQUAN REGIONAL PARK @ 8
    Last edited by HearadonCatch; 02-21-2014, 06:52 PM.

I would guess with 90% certainty its still quite iced in.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I might be able to join you in the afternoon if it's not too windy or rainy. Let me know if you go and what time you'll be there. Last Friday the park was closed when I drove by due to 21 inches of snow and the roads not being plowed.

Comment

I drove by Centennial Lake yesterday on my way to work and it was still completely iced over...at least what I could see from the road.
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Still icy May head to Occoquan instead. Anybody know if its icy at the park?

Comment

Made up my mind. Officially going to Occoquan Regional Park. Should get there around 8. Ya'll come on if you want

Comment

I am planning to be there tomorrow (Sunday). Let us know how you did. I think the current would be strong, especially by the docks. All of this snow melt has to go somewhere.
              “As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler.” - Izaak Walton

Comment

Ended up with two cats. First one went 30" and the second one went 28". Caught both just before the 95 bridge. Some guys were catching crappie, but I couldn't buy a bite. The current was a little strong, but with my 5 lb anchor, it held me fine. The only time I moved while on anchor was during wind gust. That was a little brutal at times.

Good luck tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                X