Rocky Gorge Resevoir?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Gorge Resevoir?

Ok so I am looking at some new places to go and this is on my list. Can anyone tell me where I can put the kayak in at/how the fishing is in the area?. Any information would be helpful.

WSSC Permit is required

Boating: March 15 through November 30, conditions permitting, ½ hour before Sunrise to Sunset

http://www.wsscwater.com/home/jsp/content/wrup.faces

http://www.wsscwater.com/image/Commu...Gorge-2013.jpg

I like the upper end of Rocky Gorge for largemouth bass fishing. There are some citation sized bass to be had. Fishing can become difficult there in the middle of summer as there is virtually no vegetation (which means the bass population in total will be smaller than a lake with lots of aquatic greenery) .
    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Turtle catches nice bass at the top end of Rocky Gorge. I can't catch anything up that way. I do much better on the lower and middle end of the reservoir. My favorite is the Suppley Ramp near the dam.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Hopefully I can hook into some of those citation bass.

Comment

I like to put in at Brown's Bridge Rd. There are two places to launch; a paved ramp next to the bridge, and a dirt launch across the water next to the roadway. There alot of nice bass along this stretch. Most can be had when fishing deep structure.

Comment

Awesome. I will keep this all in mind when I head there this spring/summer

Comment

How did you do there this Spring and Summer with the tips these fine chaps gave you?

Comment

Two Saturdays ago I caught a 25 inch northern pike not too far from Browns Bridge. Pure luck. Totally beautiful creature. Very fun to catch.

Comment

Between Scott's Cove and the 29 bridge there are a lot of coves and stump flats to fish. I recommend big spinnerbaits and crankbaits.
                  Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
                  Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
                  Northern Pike: 24 inches
                  Crappie: 12 inches
                  Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

Working...
                  X